Red Hood fights with pistols that double as electric hammers and throwing stars, all sure to bring pain to foes unlucky enough to get in his way. Learn his moves and background details in this handy guide.
The Red Hood mantel has been used by several DC characters over the years, including the Joker himself. Thus it's only appropriate that the Robin killed by the Joker in the 1986 "Death in the Family" storyline, Jason Todd, should take on the Red Hood persona when he returns to life many years later.
The Jason Todd Red Hood was introduced in the "Under the Hood" storyline in 2005, where his story parallels that of The Winter Soldier in Marvel's Captain America comics (also released that year). Jason returns as the Red Hood, initially a crime figure who murders other criminals and antagonizes Batman. This story is dramatized in the (quite good) animated film, "Batman: Under the Red Hood".
Although Batman and Jason eventually resolve some of their differences, Red Hood remains a violent and angry antihero in the current DC Comics continuity.
Stats and special moves
- STR — 1600.
- ABL — 1650.
- DEF — 1350.
- HP — 1250.
Ground Mine – Back, forward, light attack.
- Red Hood throws a mine on the ground that detonates shortly thereafter.
- Meter burn available, which knocks the opponent higher in the air.
- Press back, forward, light attack, and back to throw the mine close to Red Hood; back, forward, light attack, forward to throw it farther; and back, forward, light attack, and up to throw it very far.
Spin Parry – Down, back, light attack.
- Red Hood spins his pistols. If performed at the same time as an incoming attack, he will parry the attack and shoot his opponent several times.
- Press down, back, light attack, down to parry low instead of high.
Gotham Stars – Back, forward, medium attack.
- Red Hood hurls a handful of throwing stars at his opponent.
- Meter Burn available, which adds extra stars after the initial throw.
Lethal Lunge – Down, forward, heavy attack.
- Red Hood lunges at his foe.
- Meter Burn available (press Meter Burn before or after hitting the opponent), and Red Hood fires his guns in mid-air after the lunge connects.
(Air) Vendetta Slam – Down and throw (left bumper on Xbox One).
- Against an aerial opponent and while jumping, Red Hood grabs and shoots the enemy.
(Air) Akimbo Blaze – Down, back, medium attack.
- While jumping, Red Hood fires his pistols towards the ground.
- Meter Burn available, and Red Hood fires additional shots before landing.
Character Power: Electric Hammers
After pressing the Character Power button to activate the electric hammers:
- Light attack to cancel.
- Medium attack for Quick Shot (fires a single pistol shot).
- Heavy attack for Hammer Slam (smashes the hammer towards the opponent's head).
See the in-game moves list for additional electric hammer combos.
Join the Windows Central guild!
One of Injustice 2's best social features is the Guild system. Joining a Guild brings several advantages, such as free Mother Boxes and even Source Crystals (the currency used for buying shaders).
Of course we have our own guild on Xbox One, and we'd love for active players to join! Because member slots are limited, we require these criteria to join the guild:
- You must be level 20 or higher.
- You must play Injustice 2 several times a week.
- You must earn Guild Points every week, either by playing online battles, or completing Multiverse or Guild Multiverse events.
- You must complete one or more Guild Multiverses every week.
If you can handle those requirements, please join us! Search for us by Guild ID JQ5PC. We look forward to fighting with you!
The Red Hood is an all-around character who doesn't excel in any particular area. He uses his trademark pistols in some of his moves, but to a lesser extent than Deadshot and other projectile-focused characters. His aerial moves offer a fair degree of versatility, and his Character Power provides some fun options as well.
Injustice 2 is available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 (PS4) for $59.99. Red Hood costs $5.99 by himself or can be bought as a bundle in the $19.99 Fighter Pack 1 or $39.99 Ultimate Pack. The Ultimate Pack is easily the best value for Injustice 2 fans, because it provides access to nine additional fighters as they're released as well as several bonus skins and shaders for character customization.
- See Injustice 2 on the Xbox Store
- See the Red Hood on the Xbox Store
- See the Injustice 2 Ultimate Pack on the Xbox Store
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.