Iris Browser geta a host of fixes
It's browser day, apparently. This time, the venerable WEbkit-based Iris browser has gotten an update to v1.1.8. According to Torch Mobile's blog, here's what's addressed:
- Improved graphics performance
- Faster networking and loading of local files
- Improved memory usage
- Improved asynchronous behavior while loading pages
- Support for the W3C Geolocation API
- Support for HTML5 SQL databases and client side storage
- Rendering improvements, including for [[ canvas ]]
- CSS transformations and effects
- Improved Thai support
- Right-to-left language fixes
- Many general bug fixes
If you're new to Iris, we've plopped a demo video after the break. For everyone else, head on over to the download page.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Phil is the father of two beautiful girls and is the Dad behind Modern Dad. Before that he spent seven years at the helm of Android Central. Before that he spent a decade in a newsroom of a two-time Pulitzer Prize-finalist newspaper. Before that — well, we don't talk much about those days. Subscribe to the Modern Dad newsletter!