What you need to know
- Microsoft Teams has an update for iOS and Android.
- The update brings several new features, including the option to invite distribution lists to scheduled meetings.
- Teams also received an update on desktop this week that brings support for merging calls.
Microsoft Teams on iOS and Android each have a new update this week. The updates bring several new features to the apps, including the ability to invite distribution lists and Modern Groups to scheduled Teams meetings. The Android update began rolling out on April 21, while the iOS update became available today.
Here's what's new for the Android version of Teams:
- Join meetings as a view-only attendee when the meeting reaches max capacity.
- Invite distribution lists and Modern Groups to Teams meetings by typing their name in the participant section.
The Teams changelog on the App Store outlines what's new on iOS:
- View, pin, and manage the pinned chats
- Express yourself in more ways with the newest set of emojis
- Invite distribution lists and Modern Groups when you schedule a meeting
- Change your background in calls or meetings. Choose from a list or upload your own
It's been a solid week for new features for Teams. Earlier this week, Microsoft rolled out an update to Teams for desktop that adds support for merging calls.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com (opens in new tab).
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.