As we reported earlier, the NoDo update started pushing out yesterday, starting with unbranded phones, and members of the ChevronWP7 Team (Chris Walsh and Raphael Rivera) posted a hack to "debrand" HTC phones in order to get the update early. Now another hack has surfaced; this time for LG phones. Unlike the HTC hack, LG phones do not have to be "dev unlocked." So far, the hack has allowed users to get the pre-NoDo update, but has not yet been proven to result in getting NoDo. If you're feeling antsy, here's how to do it:
1. Enable the MFG application by going to the dialer and dialing ##634# then pressing call.
2. Launch the MFG application and enter 277634#*# when prompted for a password.
3. Select the Engineer Menu item.
4. Select the Other Setting menu item.
5. Select the Edit registry menu item.
6. Set the input boxes on this menu as follows:
Select ROOT_PATH: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Input SUB_PATH: \System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\
Input KEY: MobileOperator
Data Type: STRING
7. Select Query and write down the result in case you need to re-brand for some reason.
8. To debrand just enter the same information above and leave the input data field blank. The tool will say fail but it really did set correctly.
You can now connect to Zune and check for updates.