Logitech's G923 racing wheel lets you feel the track with 'high-definition force feedback'
Feel the need for speed.
What you need to know
- Logitech launched its latest racing wheel, the G923.
- The G923 features "TRUEFORCE" force feedback, bringing the feeling of the track to your hands.
- The Logitech G923 Racing Wheel and Pedals is available this month for $400 and will be compatible with Xbox Series X.
Logitech has a new racing wheel built for sim racing fanatics, and it's meant to bring the experience of dashing around the track even closer to reality. The new G923 Racing Wheel and Pedals (opens in new tab) includes Logitech's new "TRUEFORCE" system, which the company calls "high-definition force feedback." Essentially, the system reads the sound and physics data from the game you're playing to simulate the feel of the track in real time.
Logitech says that TRUEFORCE samples physics and audio up to 4000 times per second. That brings to life the feeling of the engine, tire traction, steering wheel feedback, and terrain in the wheel itself.
"For the last few years, we've been working with sim drivers, and professional race car drivers to develop a full-featured, realistic driving experience like no other," said Ujesh Desai, general manager at Logitech G, in a press release. "With TRUEFORCE you really get to feel the road, along with all the subtle features of the race car. It truly elevates the experience, and everyone we've had try it always walks away with a smile!"
Beyond the force feedback system, the G923 includes a brushed metal steering wheel, leather wheel cover, and polished pedals. Xbox players will also see a familiar button setup with standard Xbox face buttons. Here's a look at some of the highlights provided by Logitech:
- Programmable Dual Clutch Launch Controls - allows racers to get off the line cleaner and faster with a programmable dual-clutch that facilitates maximum traction and minimum smoke.
- Built-In Rev Indicator - built-in colored LED lights indicate your RPM range, alerting the racer when they're hitting redline.
- On-Wheel Game Controls - Xbox title controls are integrated into the steering wheel for total control at your fingertips.
- Progressive Brake Pedals - featuring a new progressive spring for a more responsive feel, the new brake pedal responsiveness adds more realism and control.
- 24-Point Selection Dial - built in selection dial allows the racer to adjust traction, torque, automatic stability management, brake force and more.
Logitech says that the G923 Racing Wheel and Pedals will be available this month for $400. The wheel is compatible with Xbox One and PC, and Logitech says it will be compatible with the Xbox Series X when it launches later this year.
Xbox (opens in new tab)
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the former Editor-in-Chief of Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl.