Earlier today we got word from Microsoft that the Lumia Cyan update with Windows Phone 8.1 was starting its global roll-out today. Right now tips are pouring in from around the globe that the update is available. However, it looks like the Lumia 625 and Lumia 925 are the first phones to receive the update. Read on to find out if the Lumia 625 or Lumia 925 in your country is in the first wave.
The update brings Windows Phone 8.1 to consumers and special firmware for your phone through Lumia Cyan. You know you'll get great features like Cortana, Notification Center and more with Windows Phone 8.1. While you might not be too familiar with what Lumia Cyan nets you.
As a firmware update Lumia Cyan will give you a handful of imaging upgrades, Nokia Treasure Tag support through Bluetooth 4.0, ability to set the range for brightness and much more. Check out our topic page for Lumia Cyan to learn all about it.
Did your Lumia 625 or Lumia 925 get Lumia Cyan and Windows Phone 8.1 today? Check the list below to see if your country/carrier combo is rocking the update. (Note: CV = Country Variant)
- Africa – Algeria, Ghana, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Tunisia
- Asia Pacific – Bangledesh, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia Trikomsel, Indonesia country variant, Malaysia, Nepal, Phillipines country vairant + globe, Singapore SingTel + Starhub + CV, Sri Lanka, Taiwan CHT, Thailand, Vietnam
- Europe – Albania, Austria CV + A1, Belgium CV + Proxiumus, Bosnia Herzogivenia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic CV + Vodafone, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France SFR + CV, Germany Vodafone, Greece CV + Vodafone, Hungary Vodafone + Telenor, Iceland CV, Ireland Vodafone, Italy CV + 3 + Vodafone, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal CV + Vodafone, Romania CV + Vodafone, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia CV, Spain CV + Vodafone, Sweden CV, Switzerland CV + Swisscom, UK CV + Vodafone
- Latin America – none yet
- Middle East – Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudia Arabia, UAE, Yemen
- North America – none yet
- Africa – Algeria, Ghana, Libya, Morocco, South Africa MTN, South Africa, Tunisia
- Asia Pacific – Bangladesh, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia Trikomsel + country variant, Malaysia, Nepal, Philippines country variant, Singapore SingTel + Starhub + CV, Sri Lanka, Taiwan CHT + CV, Thailand, Vietnam
- Europe - Austria CV + A1, Belgium CV + Proxiumus, Czech Republic Vodafone, Denmark TeliaSonera + CV, Estonia, Finland, France Orange + CV, Germany Vodafone + T-Mobile + CV, Greece Vodafone, Hungary Vodafone + CV + T-Mobile, Iceland CV, Ireland Vodafone, Italy CV + 3 + Vodafone, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands Vodafone, Norway Netcom + Telenor + CV, Poland T-Mobile, Portugal Vodafone, Romania Vodafone, Slovakia Orange, Spain Vodafone, Sweden CV + TeliaSonera, Switzerland CV + Orange + Swisscom, Turkey Vodafone + CV, UK Vodafone
- Latin America – Brazil CV, Mexico CV,
- Middle East – Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Qatar, Saudia Arabia, UAE, Yemen
- North America – none yet
Need more info?
- Keep checking Windows Phone Central – We are posting as many update articles as we can as we get confirmation from users that their update is being pushed. Almost without fail, these updates begin weekdays at 1 PM Eastern Time
- Use our Tracker page – If you missed the story, you can always use our tracker page. Unlike the Microsoft one, our page is going to tell you which updates are live now www.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-81-tracker
- Windows Phone 8.1 Tips, Tricks, and How to – Want to learn all that you can about the 8.1 update? Bookmark our topic page that has all our tutorials on the updated OS www.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-81-tips
Note, if you are using the Preview for Developers, you will get the Lumia Cyan update as it becomes available just like everyone else. You will never have to downgrade the OS or rollback anything. You will simply get the update (OS, if applicable) and new firmware.
via: Nokia Support
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
These are the best deals on Xbox consoles you'll find this month
If you're in the market for a new Xbox One console, you'll want to check these deals out first.
Review: Reolink did a fine job with the RLC-410 wireless security camera
Looking for a budget-friendly security camera to help protect your household? The Reolink RLC-410 promises on paper, but how does it fare during setup and when connected to a NAS/NVR? We took one for a spin to find out.
Giveaway: Win an Xbox Series X, a PS5, and an NZXT RTX 3080 PC
RobeyTech is giving away a huge amount of epic next-gen gaming swag to readers in the U.S. See inside for entry details!
Protect your Surface Pro 7 with one of these great cases
You have a Surface Pro in your hands and you want to protect it. This roundup of cases compatible with Pro 4, Pro (2017), Pro 6, ad Pro 7 covers rugged and stylish options so that you find something you like.