Microsoft To Do now lets you tap tab to quickly finish mentions on Windows 10
You can now finish mentions while assigning tasks by pressing the tab key.
What you need to know
- Microsoft To Do can now auto-complete mentions when you press the tab key.
- The update also brings several accessibility fixes.
- The update is available now through the Microsoft Store.
Microsoft To Do on Windows 10 can now auto-complete mentions when you're assigning tasks when you press the tab key. The new feature comes in an update that also adds accessibility fixes and a few other changes. The update is available now through the Microsoft Store.
Mentions allow you to assign a task to someone on a shared to-do list. When you type the "@" symbol and start typing a person's name, Microsoft To Do shows suggested names as you type. Now, you can just press the tab key to auto-complete the mention. Here's the complete changelog:
- Using @mentions to assign tasks while you type? We've made it even easier now: press tab to auto-complete.
- The sections within your Flagged Email list have had a slight name change to make the sections clearer.
- We fixed an issue that caused you issues with manual sorting after exiting one of our automatic sort options.
- We made a lot of accessibility fixes, including adjusting colors for better contrast and improving keyboard navigation within a list.
The update makes it easier to assign people to tasks when you're using a mouse and keyboard. The new feature allows you to complete them without having to take your hands off the keyboard.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com.