Microsoft To-Do is making it easier to view all of your tasks at a glance not only on Windows but also for iPad users. Through updates on both platforms, Microsoft has added the ability to pin multiple lists as Live Tiles along with an expanded three-column layout on iPad.
On Windows, in addition to being able to pin any list or smart list to the Start menu, To-Do will now confirm whether you're sure you want to delete a to-do while inking. Microsoft has also bolstered accessibility for expanding and collapsing groups in smart lists. Here's a full look at the release notes:
- Not satisfied with just seeing one list on your Live Tile? We have good news for you—you can now pin any list or smart list to the Windows start menu.
- Have you tried out our ink gestures yet? If so, you might have noticed that we didn't ask twice if you wanted to delete a to-do when you scratched it out. Now we'll ask if you're sure, if you're really, really sure.
- Do you have too many overdue tasks that you just don't want to deal with today? We've improved our accessibility so that collapsing and expanding the different groups in the smart lists are now accessible.
- We briefly took away the ability to move a task into any list while in search. We're gifting that ability back to you.
- We were doing funny things with your list order when you tried to reorder multiple tasks. We've fixed that bug now.
Over on iPad, the list of changes is a whole lot smaller, but they take advantage of the tablet's extra screen real estate to make dealing with your tasks a lot less onerous. Here's a look at what's new:
- New: We've just made productivity a whole lot easier on the iPad—we now support a three pane layout! Huh? We hear you say, what does that mean? It means that you can see your lists, your tasks, and the steps for a particular task all at the same time. You will no longer need to dismiss the sidebar in order to get back to ticking off your tasks.
- Fixed: We had an accessibility issue where VoiceOver wouldn't let you edit a note. We've fixed that one now.
Both updates are up for grabs now on the Microsoft Store and Apple's App Store.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
We compared the sizes of the Xbox Series S|X to a PS4, Big Mac, & more
At this point you've probably seen plenty of Xbox Series S | X size comparison videos, but we bet you haven't seen one quite like this. Here is the ultimate next-gen Xbox size comparison guide.
Review: Halo 3: ODST on PC exceeds our expectations
Halo 3: ODST is officially out on PC, but does it match the quality of the Halo 3 port? As it turns out, it raises the bar even higher. Here's our full review.
Review: $40 Surface Duo Ember and Ice bumpers
If you have a Surface Duo and are eyeing some of those new bumper colors for some flair and protection, we have you covered. Here is a quick comparison between Ice (blue) and Ember (red) in photos.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.