What you need to know
- Microsoft Edge Dev recently received an update that brings the app to version 102.0.1220.1.
- The update adds a prompt to pin Progressive Web Apps after you install them through the Microsoft Store and redesigns the Apps management page.
- The mobile version of Edge now supports importing passwords.
Microsoft continues its efforts to make Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) feel more native on Windows 11. Earlier this week, it was discovered that Microsoft is working on the ability to open links in installed web apps. Now, a new build of Edge Dev adds a prompt to pin PWAs after you install them through the Microsoft Store.
The most recent update to Edge Dev (opens in new tab) brings the browser to version 102.0.1220.1. In addition to the PWA prompt, the latest build has a redesigned Apps management page and a few other new features.
Here's everything that's new in the update:
- Added a prompt to pin PWAs after they've been installed from the Microsoft Store.
- Redesigned the Apps management page.
- Added the ability to import passwords on mobile.
- Added a management policy to control if the Outlook Hub Menu is Enabled. Note that updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have occurred yet.
The ability to import passwords on mobile should make Edge a more attractive option for users. While Microsoft Edge has climbed to second place among desktop browsers, it isn't in the top five for mobile browsers.
Edge's latest build also includes a list of fixes and changed behaviors that are detailed in the update's changelog (opens in new tab).
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com (opens in new tab).
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.