What you need to know
- A new weekly build for the Microsoft Edge Dev channel is now available.
- This week's release mostly focuses on bug fixes, but there area couple of new features.
- This release is available to download now as version 80.0.334.2.
Another new weekly build for the Microsoft Edge Dev channel is now available for testing. This release pushes the build number up to 80.0.334.2, and it mostly brings a load of bug fixes and general improvements to the browser. Microsoft also included a couple of new features. This release also temporarily disables syncing after sync issues popped up in last week's build.
Here's a look at all of what's new and fixed in this latest Dev channel build.
- Added a right-click option to sort individual favorites folders by name from the Favorites management page.
- Added a new setting to always use Strict Tracking Prevention inside InPrivate windows.
- Fixed a crash on launch.
- Fixed an issue where searching from the address bar sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed a SmartScreen crash when downloading certain items.
- Fixed an issue where selecting context menu items on certain favorites entries causes a browser crash.
- Fixed an issue where renaming a Collection sometimes crashes the Collections pane.
- Fixed an issue where Application Guard windows sometimes crash upon startup.
- Fixed an issue where navigation fails in Application Guard windows.
- Fixed an issue where closing tabs that contain websites that are blocked by SmartScreen sometimes causes a browser crash.
- Fixed an issue where deleted or edited favorites aren't synced properly, causing the edit to be undone when it syncs back down.
- Fixed an issue where syncing gets stuck in the "Setting up sync" state on browser startup.
- Fixed an issue where processes that grow too large and stop working aren't automatically fixed.
- Fixed an issue where sync sometimes fails after restoring tabs after a browser crash.
- Fixed an issue where large Collections aren't properly exported to Word.
- Fixed an issue where exporting a Collection to Excel sometimes fails.
- Reduced the number of times a user needs to sign out and sign back into the browser in order to fix sync.
- Temporarily disabled the ability to export Collections to Word and Excel on Mac.
- Temporarily disabled one form of DRM support on ARM64, which may impact the ability to play certain DRM-protected videos.
- Fixed an issue where windows that are minimized when the browser is restarted aren't restored properly.
- Fixed an issue where Netflix playback fails with error D7356.
- Fixed an issue where the space bar doesn't work when typing in the address bar.
- Fixed an issue where the enter key doesn't work when typing in the address bar.
- Fixed an issue where the Windows Hello prompt to log into a website with the user's OS credentials sometimes shows in an infinite loop.
- Fixed an issue for users of work and school accounts where websites that try and fail to use the browser profile's credentials to log in don't subsequently allow the user to fall back and try the user's OS credentials.
- Improved the way Collections export images to Word documents.
- Fixed an issue where items sometimes fail to be added to Collections.
- Fixed an issue where webpage contents sometimes render all black if Collections is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where adding certain images to Collections results in a card with a broken image.
- Fixed an issue where PWAs installed for one user on a machine sometimes can't be launched by other users on the machine.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where feedback screenshots can't be included when submitting feedback.
- Fixed an issue where link context menus don't show all the options if they're opened via the keyboard instead of the mouse.
- Fixed an issue where some websites that are pinned to the Task Bar launch new tabs instead of activating existing tabs when tabs with those websites already exist.
- Fixed an issue where open tabs aren't properly imported from Chrome.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong icon appears on web notifications.
If you're already using the Microsoft Edge Dev channel, you can download this update through your settings menu now. Those interested in testing the browser can find the Beta, Dev, and Canary channels available at the Edge Insider website now. For more on this release, including the known issues, you can also check out Microsoft's full release notes.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Need a laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 port? Every PC here deserves a look.
Looking for a new laptop that has Thunderbolt 3 ports? Well, you're in luck, as we've rounded up what we think are the best Thunderbolt 3 enabled laptops available to buy today.
Windows 10 build 19546 arrives for Fast ring with graphing calculator
Microsoft pushed out another new Windows 10 Preview build for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring today. This build brings the build number up to 19546, and it includes a new graphing mode for the Calculator app.
Microsoft's ambitious climate plan aims to go carbon negative by 2030
Microsoft outlined an ambitious climate plan to go carbon negative in all of its operations by 2030. Further, the company plans to eliminate its entire historical carbon footprint by 2050 and has set up a $1 billion climate innovation fund.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.