Microsoft Edge may get synchronized bookmarks in Windows 10 build 10551
Microsoft is continually building upon the functionality of its Edge by actively seeking feedback from the community. According to a set of leaked screenshots of Windows 10 build 10551, it looks like two oft-requested features will be making their way to the browser: synchronized bookmarks and the ability to open a new window by clicking on the mouse's scrollwheel.
Synchronized bookmarks allows you to sync your favorites and reading list between the mobile browser on Windows 10 Mobile and the desktop client. The screenshots show that the feature is switched off by default. We'll have to wait to see if the feature also syncs history across devices.
You'll be able to launch a new window by pressing the middle mouse button while hovering on the Edge icon, either from the taskbar, Start menu or desktop shortcut.
We don't know when the new build will be rolling out to Windows Insiders, but we'll let you know as soon as it is made available. Edge users, what additional features do you want to see coming to the browser?
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Harish Jonnalagadda is a Senior Editor overseeing Asia for Android Central, Windows Central's sister site. When not reviewing phones, he's testing PC hardware, including video cards, motherboards, gaming accessories, and keyboards.
A lot of works still to do.
2. SSL Certificates to show full info as currently it only shows as safe or unsafe without any further information
3. Ability to right click on the taskbar Edge icon and get similar options as IE had (InPrivate, recent pages and etc...)
4. Reading List to have categories like the app and sync with Reading List app
5. Import favourites, history and etc... from all popular browsers also include support for IE Favourites in Folder Redirection as many corporate users still use that under Domain setup, we've been using an PowerShell script to do it
6. More convenient way of managing the favourites
7. History to actually work, many including myself have issue with History showing anything recent, it seems as if is having issue with amount of browsing we have
8. Ability to pin pages to taskbar as IE11 did with the favicon showing as logo for the link
9. When sharing via email; if by error user clicks out of that section all the content of what was typed out goes missing without option to recover, maybe have it pinned to the side until done and have option to ask before closing it without saving as draft or anywhere
10. Extensions (this is crucial however not shopping people from using Edge currently hence why is last on the list)
All those functions should have been in the final OS already.