What you need to know
- The Microsoft Outlook extension is now available for Chrome.
- The extension allows you to access your email, calendar, and tasks, without having to switch tabs.
- The Microsoft Outlook extension rolled out to Microsoft Edge in June 2021.
Microsoft recently released its Outlook extension to the Chrome Web Store. The extension allows you to access your email without having to switch to another tab. It works with Outlook work accounts, Outlook personal accounts, and Hotmail accounts. In June 2021, Microsoft released the same extension for its Edge browser.
The extension was first spotted in the Chrome Web Store by Leo Varela.
Here is a list of the extension's features from its Chrome Web Store listing:
- Access work or personal accounts
- Read, send, and manage email and get notifications
- Create events, view upcoming ones, and join online meetings
- Create, track, and manage tasks
- Add and view contacts
Great for doing all this without switching tabs
- Reading an important message
- Checking your calendar
- Adding a task based on what you're reading on the web
- Fast look up of a contact's phone number
- Referring to info on a webpage while writing an email
You can already access Outlook through the web, but this extension allows you to quickly jump into your emails without having to switch tabs. Microsoft highlights that the extension helps when referring to information on a webpage while writing an email. The extension also supports Outlook calendar, tasks, and people.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com (opens in new tab).
This is a v neat extension. Almost like having outlook phone app float above browser window.
Nice! I've been wanting this for a while as the Windows app is still missing some features.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.