What you need to know
- Windows 10 Insiders on the Release Preview ring have a new cumulative update to download.
- There are two different build numbers depending on whether you've been selected to test the 19H2 update or are still on 19H1.
- The cumulative updates contain the same set of two fixes related to LTE connectivity and bugchecks.
Following up on a new build for Fast ring Insiders today, Microsoft also pushed out a pair of new cumulative updates for Windows 10 Insiders on the Release Preview ring. The new build numbers are 18362.329 and 18363.329, which are available to testers on the 19H1 and 19H2 updates, respectively.
Both updates contain the same set of fixes, which address LTE connectivity and bugchecks. Here's a look at the release notes:
- We fixed an issue where on devices with LTE capability, some SIM cards from certain carriers would not work correctly.
- We fixed several issues resulting in bugchecks on some devices.
The reason for the somewhat confusing update structure and dual builds is that Microsoft is currently testing its servicing pipeline for the upcoming 19H2 feature update with a small subset of Release Preview Insiders (around ten percent). As part of today's release notes, Microsoft explained how it is treating build numbers for each branch of Release Preview, noting that they will differ on build numbers but always share the same revision numbers. From Microsoft:
Going forward, cumulative updates released to both sets of testers will include the same set of fixes..
If you're enrolled in the Release Preview ring, you can grab today's updates now via Windows Update. For more, you can check out Microsoft's full release notes.
Getting an error with this update 0x800f081f
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.