What you need to know
- Microsoft Stream has a large update on iOS and Android.
- The update brings several features for filming and editing videos, including being able to record real-time video.
- Microsoft Stream is an enterprise-focused video platform that integrates with Office 365.
Microsoft Stream received a major update on iOS and Android. The update brings several features for filming and editing videos, including the ability to record real-time video. Microsoft Stream is an enterprise-focused video platform that integrates with Office 365. It looks a bit like YouTube but focuses on sharing business content. The app itself is free, but the service requires a commercial Office 365 subscription to work.
The changelogs for the iOS and Android apps are identical:
Capture, swap, annotate, and trim, oh my!
You can now:
- harness the power of your camera to record real-time video
- swap between rear- and front-facing cameras while recording
- annotate before, during, or after a recording
- make stickers from photos
- view clips in chronological order
- drag-n-drop any clip to your recording to stitch into a new order
- trim to shorten the overall length
- access all uploaded videos from your company's servers through the app
These new features make the mobile version of Microsoft Stream a lot more powerful and useful. It can now record live video, swap between front and back cameras, and be used to annotate and edit videos.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com (opens in new tab).
Our organization needs Microsoft to enable Livestreaming from the Microsoft Stream app. The ability to record video is a huge step in the right direction though and is much appreciated.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.