What you need to know
- Microsoft Teams for iOS recently gained the ability to join webinars.
- Webinar support is available for both iPads and iPhones.
- The same update also brings autosuggestions and top hits within search.
Microsoft Teams for iOS received a sizable update recently. The update brings the ability to join webinars from iPhones and iPads. It also allows you to set all meetings to be online meetings that are easy to share and adds autosuggestions and top hits to the app's search bar.
Webinars are large interactive meetings that support up to 1,000 people. If you need more people to attend, you can switch to a view-only broadcast that allows up to 10,000 people to view it at once. Due to the current global pandemic, Microsoft increased the limit for view-only broadcasts to 20,000.
Support for webinars only rolled out to desktops last month, so people with iOS devices didn't have to wait long to be able to use them.
Here's everything that's new, as found in the Teams App Store listing:
- Attendees join webinars from their phone or tablet
- Get autosuggestions and top hits as you type your search terms
- All meetings (even appointments) are automatically online meetings so you can quickly share a link to the meeting
The improved search experience adds autosuggestions and top hits while you type. This should speed up the search process and help you find frequently searched items and content.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com (opens in new tab).
Progress. As long as they keep features on mobile closing tracking those on desktop, the app will become more usable and reliable for teams.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.