What you need to know
- SwiftKey Beta recently received an update that brings a redesigned emoji panel.
- The new panel makes it easier to add GIFs and Stickers.
- Web search is also removed from the SwiftKey Beta toolbar in its latest update.
Microsoft has a new update available for anyone testing SwiftKey Beta. The update brings a redesigned emoji panel that makes it easier to access GIFs and stickers. It also fixes some bugs and removes web search from the keyboard's toolbar.
Here's the complete changelog from Microsoft:
- We've redesigned the emoji panel for easier access to other categories and features such as GIFs and Stickers.
- We fixed a blank emoji panel issue when switching between different emoji categories.
- We've removed web search from your toolbar.
The change is relatively small, but it does seem to make the emoji panel a bit less crowded. There are fewer icons to click when you're in the emoji panel, but you can access the content that's been moved through other parts of SwiftKey Beta's interface.
The update brings the app to version 126.96.36.199. It started rolling out at the start of the weekend, so it should be available for anyone now.
You can grab SwiftKey Beta for free from the Google Play Store. You can have the beta and non-beta versions of SwiftKey installed on the same phone.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com.