Microsoft updates Surface app following launch of Pro 8, Go 3, and Laptop Studio
After its new Surface hardware went up for sale, Microsoft updated its Surface app for Windows.
What you need to know
- Microsoft's Surface app has been updated with a new look and user experience.
- The app now supports Surface accessories, including audio devices, docks, and pens.
- The Surface app now works with Smart charging for devices that support it.
Microsoft launched the Surface Pro 8, Surface Laptop Studio, and Surface Go 3 this week. Following the availability of the new hardware, Microsoft updated its Surface app for Windows. The app has a new look that fits in on Windows 11, and it has several new features. The app now works with Smart charging on supported devices. It also supports Surface accessories, including docks, pens, and audio devices.
Here's everything new from the Surface app's October 2021 update:
- An updated user experience that complements the premium hardware experience for Surface
- Support for Surface accessories, including Surface audio devices, pen, and docks
- Support for features, like Smart charging, on devices that support it
- New promotions for eligible Surface devices
- Support for 36 languages
The app's user experience has changed quite a bit. Previously, the app looked similar to Windows 10 apps like the Settings app. The updated Surface app lines up better with Windows 11.
It's been a busy week for Microsoft's Surface lineup. Make sure to check out our Surface Pro 8 review and Surface Laptop Studio review to catch up on everything about the latest devices from Microsoft.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com.