What you need to know
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition has a long-running beta program to test upcoming features and updates.
- The latest beta is now available with lots of tweaks, bug fixes, and new experimental lava aquifers.
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 126.96.36.199 from the 'Caves and Cliffs Update' also tweaks the "Experimental Features" toggle.
- You can now install the latest beta on Xbox, Windows 10, and Android devices if you're enrolled in the beta program.
Minecraft is giving hardcore players a lot to play with today with the release of Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 188.8.131.52 to testers. The latest beta continues to test developments from the upcoming Caves and Cliffs Update, which is now releasing in two parts later this year. Beta 184.108.40.206 includes a sizeable number of changes, fixes, and tweaks, including changes to how the "Experimental Features" toggle works and the addition of lava aquifers to the aforementioned experiment.
We recently discussed why Minecraft feels so disappointing on Xbox Series X|S, but that hasn't stopped Minecraft from being a huge success with nearly 140 million monthly active users. If you're one of the many players that love Minecraft and is looking forward to the exciting Caves and Cliffs Update, take a look at some of the best Minecraft merch, toys, and gifts for some great ideas.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 220.127.116.11 includes:
- Added a warning for loading an old world with Experimental features in a new version of the game
- Added a label that indicates that a world is Experimental
- Added a description for Experimental features in the world creation screen
- Aquifers filled with lava are now placed underground during world generation
Features & bug fixes
- Axolotl no longer attacks invisible mobs
- Axolotl textures have been updated
- Bred Axolotl maintain their color after being placed from a Bucket
- There is now a tooltip on controller for holding a Spyglass
- Amethyst Buds and cluster breaking animation no longer float in the air
- Aligned in-hand rendering of Amethyst Bud items with Java Edition
- Amethyst Geodes were made slightly rarer
- Bonemealing Azalea / Flowering Azalea now correctly turns into a tree if placed on Moss Block
- Deepslate top and bottom textures are now applied in isotropic manner. Due to tessellation limitations, we are limiting the isotropicness of Deepslate to when these textures are up and down (as this is a rotatable block) for now
- Players are now able to use Pick Block Small Dripleaf
- When bonemealing Small Dripleaf, the resulting Big Dripleaf is at least 2 blocks tall
- Mobs can once again pathfind around Pointed Dripstone
- Naturally spawned Glow Squid now despawn
- Using Pick Block on a Glow Squid in Creative now gives the Glow Squid Egg
- Lightning that strikes Lightning Rod no longer has the chance to trigger Skeleton traps
- Textures are now applied in isotropic manner
- Multiple blocks can no longer be placed on Powder Snow
- Fences and Walls no longer connect to Powder Snow in Bedrock
- Fog effect is no longer applied to the third-person camera when the camera isn't inside Powder Snow
- Powder Snow Block no longer becomes invisible if the Player is extinguished by both the Powder Snow Block and any other method at the same time
- Powder Snow no longer has one corner that collides with mobs
- Skeletons transforming in to Strays now play appropriate transformation sounds
- Withers no longer take freeze damage from Powder Snow
- Bees no longer gather nectar from Sweet Berry Bushes
- Bees can once again enter Beehives and Bee Nests
- Added tooltips for:
- Collect Lava from Cauldron using Bucket
- Collect Powder Snow from Powder Snow Block using Bucket
- Empty Lava into Cauldron from Bucket
- Empty Powder Snow into Cauldron from Bucket
- Player who receives negative damage will not generate absorption heart
- When a Player using the touch interface presses and holds the crafting output window, they can rapidly craft items up to one stack
Iron & gold ore
- Iron and Gold Ore now drops the correct block item instead of nothing when mined on worlds that have a Base Game Version locked to a value lower than 1.17
- Picking up part of a stack no longer picks up the entire stack and drops the excess
- Fixed Players showing the Bow holding animation after respawning when killed by another Player
- Fixed issue where certain items (Bow, Cossbow, Trident, shield in main hand) wouldn't bob with View Bobbing turned on
- Removed Lit Deepslate Redstone translation
- Fixed issue with Simburbia world where standing next to a windows shutter block would obscure the view with the "update" texture
- Fixed a crash that occurred when using the
/stopsoundcommand to stop the
- Fixed a crash on Windows 10 that can occur in ray tracing mode due to a stale pointer reference
- Fixed various cases when ray tracing textures would not be reloaded (resolution switching, upscaling mode switching, ray tracing on / off toggling)
- Fixed Enchanted Bow's textures being too dark
Summon Prefix fixes
- Fixed a merge bug when loading json definitions for Vanilla mobs
- Fixed a bug with the summonable property of overridden vanilla mobs pre JSON version 1.8.0, which caused Bees to not be summonable
has_equipmentfilter will now properly evaluate custom entity spawn eggs
will again only prevent damage from being dealt to fire immune mobs if the
field is true and the projectile is on fire
- The dedicated server log will now list all Experiments enabled in a world when loading it
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox, Windows 10, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone and play anywhere.
Zachary Boddy is the Minecraft Expert and a News Writer for Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been freelancing for Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019, with a focus on Xbox and PC gaming. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.