What you need to know
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition is making headway on development for the upcoming 'Caves and Cliffs Update.'
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 220.127.116.11 is now available with a new series of tweaks and changes for this update.
- Highlights include changes to dripstone, graphical fixes and changes, and some new technical updates.
- If you're enrolled in the Minecraft beta program on Xbox, Windows 10, or Android you can install this beta now.
We know what to expect by this point. It's a new week, and Mojang Studios has released a new beta for Minecraft. Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 18.104.22.168 continues development on the positively gargantuan Caves and Cliffs Update, which is now releasing in two parts later this year. Building on the previous 22.214.171.124 beta, the latest Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta includes a handful of general changes, bug fixes, and more.
Unfortunately, there aren't any new exciting features or additions in this beta. Mojang Studios continues to tweak and polish existing features, and is likely working to ensure the Caves and Cliffs Update split is as smooth as possible. This beta is now available for Xbox, Windows 10, and Android players now enrolled in the program, so be sure to download Beta 126.96.36.199 as soon as possible.
If you love helping Mojang Studios develop Minecraft by participating in Minecraft: Bedrock Edition betas, you might also love something from the best Minecraft merch, toys, and gifts.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 188.8.131.52 includes:
Features & bug fixes
- Long stalactites drip only from the tip
- Stalactites now drip water slightly more often when filling a cauldron
- Pointed dripstone now correctly gets destroyed after the block it was placed on is broken by block updates
- Tweaked background color of settings screens
- Fixed a bug that could occur on older worlds where looking up in a minecart would display the inside of the minecart blocking the player's view
- Maps inside Glow Item Frames no longer cause nearby items to light up
- Picking or breaking Glow Item Frames now gives the correct item
- Advanced Pick Block will now save the data of copied blocks correctly
- Furnace, Smoker, and Blast Furnace now become unlit when fuel finishes
- Fixed a bug where the map was centered on player's position when it was created
- Baby Axolotls no longer consume the Bucket when being fed with a Bucket of Tropical Fish
- Buckets that were used to feed Axolotls can now be stacked together with other empty Buckets
- Fixed ripple effect on portals and crash when creating a large amount of portal blocks
- Fixed bubble columns on naturally generated Magma Blocks
- Function's positional offset is no longer re-evaluated for every command inside the function when run with the
/executecommand. It is now only evaluated once for the whole function
- Fixed an issue with Signs not displaying the saved text upon placement
has_equipmentfilter once again supports data values
- Added a new field
minecraft:ageablecomponent. If the field is filled with an item name, the item will be given back when any of
feed_itemsare used. Similar to
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox, Windows 10, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone and play anywhere.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.