What you need to know
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition is in a constant state of improvement through various updates and betas.
- Mojang Studios is currently developing 1.18 'Caves and Cliffs Update' Part 2, which will include massive changes.
- The latest Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta is now available, but doesn't include any major new features or additions.
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 220.127.116.11 includes a handful of minor tweaks and bug fixes over the last larger beta.
Minecraft is having a relatively exciting day, with the announcement of Minecraft Live 2021 and the release of Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 18.104.22.168 landing almost on top of each other. One of these announcements is considerably more exciting than the other, however, as the latest Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta tells a story of minor bug fixes and improvements rather than the major experimental features we saw in the last Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta.
While the previous beta included experimental features from 1.18 Caves and Cliffs Update such as world generation changes, this beta focuses on fixing a handful of issues. Still, every step is an important one on the road to the largest update Minecraft has seen in a very long time, and Mojang Studios can always use additional feedback.
Minecraft is undoubtedly one of the greatest games ever made, and has more than earned its place on the list of best Xbox games. Part of Minecraft's claim to greatness is its constant drive to improve through updates and betas like this one.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 22.214.171.124 includes:
- Fixed an issue with Caves & Cliffs Experimental worlds where parts of the world below 0 would become all air on reload of a world
minecraft:geometryblock component to work as intended
Features & bug fixes
- Top Snow now falls correctly after the block underneath is destroyed
- Fixed texts not being translated if the first letter of their corresponding key was uppercase
- Fixed a bug where the Wither wouldn't drop a Nether Star on death
- Fixed raycasts being interrupted while standing inside light blocks
Stability & performance
- Fixed a bug where an entity might fail to initialize its tag component
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox, Windows 10, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone and play anywhere.
Zachary Boddy is the Minecraft Expert and a News Writer for Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been freelancing for Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019, with a focus on Xbox and PC gaming. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.