What you need to know
- It's all hands on deck for Mojang Studios as they fervently work on 1.18 'Caves and Cliffs Update' Part Two for Minecraft.
- A new Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta is now rolling out to testers, but (like previous betas) only includes a handful of fixes.
- Mojang is likely working on more significant changes in the background for future betas, hence more modest releases now.
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 184.108.40.206 is now available for testers on Xbox, Windows, and Android devices.
It's becoming a busy time for Mojang Studios, between the upcoming Minecraft Live 2021 event and their continued work on the second half of the Caves and Cliffs Update for Minecraft, but work can't stop on the current version of Minecraft. Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 220.127.116.11 is now available for testers, and is a modest release with a handful of minor fixes for the 1.17 branch of Minecraft.
Mojang is undoubtedly working on more significant releases for both versions of Minecraft, especially since the latest Minecraft: Java Edition Experimental Snapshot is likely to be the last in the series, to more fully test features from the upcoming 1.18 Caves and Cliffs Update Part Two release coming later this year. We may learn more about what's planned for Minecraft with the Caves and Cliffs Update (and future releases) during the Minecraft Live 2021 event, which airs on Oct. 16, 2021 for anyone to watch.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 18.104.22.168 includes:
Features & bug fixes
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during gameplay
- Fixed invisible blocks in The End
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox, Windows 10, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone and play anywhere.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.