What you need to know
- Minecraft perpetually evolves over time with the assistance of Mojang Studios' constant efforts and the community's feedback.
- On Wednesday, Mojang Studios is releasing a new build for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition that includes new features, tweaks, and more.
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 188.8.131.52 and Minecraft Preview 184.108.40.206 are now available to download on supported platforms.
- The beta release debuts the Deep Dark biome on Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, includes new allay features, and adds boats with chest.
Mojang Studios tends to release new updates through its Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta program (or the newly introduced Minecraft Preview) approximately once a week, and this week is no different. On Wednesday, the legendary studio began releasing a brand-new beta to interested testers, which includes new features from an upcoming content update on top of the usual fixes and tweaks.
Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 220.127.116.11 (.29 on Minecraft Preview) is now available, and officially debuts the spooky Deep Dark biome from The Wild Update. The Warden mob hasn't been introduced, yet, but players can explore the ominous Deep Dark and its abandoned cities starting with this update.
This beta builds off the last release, which added copper goat horns, and continues Mojang Studios' intention to perpetuate Minecraft as one of the best Xbox games of all time. Players can dive in now to submit feedback to Mojang Studios and shape The Wild Update before it officially releases later this year.
While the Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta and Minecraft Preview have two different version numbers, the releases and their changelogs are entirely identical. Between the two options, players can access this build on Xbox, Windows, Android, and iOS devices.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta 18.104.22.168 / Minecraft Preview 22.214.171.124 includes:
The Wild Update
- Dig into the depths far underground to uncover the darkest biome in Minecraft — the Deep Dark
- Dimly lit and eerie, the Deep Dark is sure to strike fear into the hearts of even the most brave player
- The surfaces of the Deep Dark are covered in Sculk
- The only mob that calls the Deep Dark home is the Warden
- Please note:The Warden hasn't made its way into the game yet, but it's getting ready for its big debut!
- Vanilla Parity: Attacks with Axes towards a raised Shield will disable the Shield for 5 seconds
Boat with chest
- Function similarly to Minecart Chests, but in Boats instead, so you can take a journey on the water and carry your things with you
- Crafted by combining a Chest with any Boat
- Allay now has a delay for picking new items after delivering items
- Allay will now only pick up the exact same item it holds
- Allays will now stay close to a Note Block that has been played near it
- Allay are now immune to damage from its owner
- Added an optional
mob_amountparameter to the Damage Event Response that specifies a unique damage amount when used by mobs
- We don't have any additional changes planned for the Copper Horn, but we would love to hear more about what you think of this experimental feature, and how you might use it if it made it into the final update!
Features & bug fixes
- Fixed issue where sensitivity was too low in new touch control schemes
- Fixed a case where the "Highlight Always On" option was visible for the 'Touch' interaction mode
- Fixed issue where buttons for new mobile control schemes were too large and too high on some devices
- Fixed underwater lava lakes not turned into Obsidian during world generation
- Healing no longer causes a mob to be immune to damage
- Fixed tick range check excluding chunks that were actually in range
- Breaking a layer of snow placed in the same block as a flower no longer destroys the flower
- Baby Hoglins now attack players
- Double tapping the crouch button will no longer toggle fly mode
- Fixed issue where sprint state was not resumed after hitting an obstacle when holding the
- Added in check to prevent an actor that is a passenger from being ridden by the vehicle it is on preventing an infinite loop looking for the root vehicle
- Rotation when riding a mob that has a locked rotation will no longer unexpectedly snap to one side when that mob is rotating
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox, Windows 10, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone and play anywhere.
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, Xbox Game Pass for Xbox consoles and PC Game Pass for Windows devices, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go fun. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.