What you need to know
- Mojang Studios enlists the help of the Minecraft community with testing upcoming features and changes to the game.
- On Wednesday, Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 22.214.171.124 and Minecraft Preview 126.96.36.199 were released to interested testers.
- The new build includes features like the goat horn and copper goat horn, which enables players to produce various goat noises.
- There's also a handful of other changes and improvements, including additional vanilla parity updates.
Exactly one week detached from the last Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta, Mojang Studios is releasing a fresh build for the Minecraft community to dissect and test. Donning the 188.8.131.52 version number for the Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta and the 184.108.40.206 version number for Minecraft Preview, the identical updates include new features and plenty of changes.
The beta follows the last release that added the allay mob from The Wild Update. On Wednesday, the newest build brings additional upcoming features like the goat horn, which produces a sound mimicking the goat it came from, and the copper goat horn, which can produce three different sounds depending on how players are positioned. Expected changes and quality-of-life improvements are also included in this release.
Minecraft maintains its spot on the list of best Xbox games through tireless iteration and improvement, and these betas are all a part of the process. While these betas are still technically contained within the current Caves and Cliffs Update, Mojang Studios is hard at work on The Wild Update, which arrives later in 2022 with new mobs, biomes, features, and more.
Despite having different version numbers, this build is identical across the Minecraft: Bedrock Edition beta and Minecraft Preview. If you're interested in trying Minecraft Preview, it's now available to test on Xbox consoles, Windows PCs, and iOS devices.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Beta 220.127.116.11 / Minecraft Preview 18.104.22.168 includes:
- Older worlds that have not yet been opened in 1.18+ may experience issues with unexplored chunks below y=0 not generating correctly
- We suggest that you make backup copies of your worlds, and avoid opening pre-1.18 worlds in this Beta / Preview build
- Added additional Goat Horn sounds, which are random per goat
- Added special sounds for Screaming Goat
- Is always dropped when a Goat with at least one horn rams these blocks: Stone, Packed ice, Iron Ore, Copper Ore, Emerald Ore, or any kind of wood log from the Overworld
- Can be crafted into Copper Horn using 3 Copper Ingots in a "v shape" with a Goat Horn in the middle
- Goats have a small chance of spawning with only one horn (Baby Goats will always end up with two horns)
- Added Copper Horn item, which is crafted using three Copper Ingots in a "v shape" with a Goat Horn in the middle
- Can play three different sounds, by looking up, crouching, and everything else
- Added special sounds for Copper Horns crafted from Goat Horns found from Screaming Goats
- Added Goat Horn and Copper Horns as loot
Features & bug fixes
- Fixed an issue where the hunger bar would not deplete on some Marketplace worlds
- Fixed Bad Omen effect not being applied after defeating a Pillager Captain
- Mob hurt and death sounds no longer overlap
- Knockback resistance now dampens the vertical lift received from the Iron Golem attack
- Save Structure Blocks now correctly detect Corner Structure Blocks at negative Y levels
- Nether Brick, Iron / Gold Nuggets, Red / Brown Mushroom Blocks, and Chorus Plant / Flower Blocks can no longer be used as fuel in Furnaces
- Camera now shakes the same way it does in Java Edition when the player receives damage
- Fixed an issue where some large mobs in Marketplace maps could get stuck
- When using the new touch controls on mobile devices, the size of the thumbstick can now be adjusted with the Button Size slider in the settings screen
- Fixed an issue in Pocket UI where items could be dropped unintentionally in blocks with custom UIs, and resized those screens to allow for dropping items on the sides instead
- Improved contrast on multiple UI elements
- Enabled the Behavior Packs tab in the new Create New World screen
- Fixed an issue in the
Knockbackgoal where the incorrect owner was being passed into the
- Limited the number of elements in the
Stability & performance
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading entities in a chunk that contained entities pre-1.18.30
- Added event
leverActivate— fires when a lever is toggled
- Added optional argument
showParticles: bool = trueto function
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox, Windows 10, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone and play anywhere.
A catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, Xbox Game Pass for Xbox consoles and PC Game Pass for Windows devices, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go fun. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.