Minecraft Dungeons is celebrating one year with over 11.5 million unique players
Some awe-inspiring numbers from the year-old Minecraft Dungeons.
What you need to know
- Minecraft Dungeons is just now celebrating its first anniversary with a new DLC expansion, limited-time event, and more.
- Today, Mojang Studios has revealed some incredible statistics for Minecraft Dungeons for number of players, damage dealt, and more.
- As of now, Minecraft Dungeons boasts of over 11.5 million unique players, which have dealt over a quadrillion damage!
- The dreaded Arch-Illager has also been defeated over 1.3 million times on Apocalypse difficulty or higher.
Minecraft Dungeons, the co-op action-RPG spin-off of Minecraft, just began celebrating its one-year anniversary. One year on, Minecraft Dungeons has released five DLC expansions, including the recently launched Minecraft Dungeons Hidden Depths DLC and has added a ton of new content and improvements to the game. Today, Mojang Studios is adding to the celebrations with some fascinating Minecraft Dungeons player statistics.
Minecraft Dungeons continues to grow, and now boasts of over 11.5 million unique players. This is a marked improvement over the 10 million players Mojang reported in February, 2021. Mojang Studios also revealed some other neat statistics for Minecraft Dungeons during its first anniversary, including:
- 11.5 million unique players in 232 countries and territories
- Nearly 1.4 million Arch-Illager defeats on Apocalypse difficulty
- Over 1.5 quadrillion damage dealt to enemies, over 100 trillion damage received
- Most equipped items include the double axe, rapid crossbow, mystery armor, and death cap mushroom
- Over 1.1 billion health potions used
- Over 500 million TNT thrown
- Over 400 billion blocks walked
- And more
It's always cool to see these kinds of statistics from games, and it's impressive that Minecraft Dungeons continues to grow with every subsequent update and DLC expansion. If you haven't given Minecraft Dungeons a try yet, it's an excellent action-RPG available on Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, Switch, and PC. It's also available through Xbox Game Pass, making it one of the best Xbox Game Pass games you can play. You can even play Minecraft Dungeons on your phone using Xbox Cloud Gaming!
The next era of Dungeons
Explore new worlds in Minecraft Dungeons.
It's been a busy first year for Minecraft Dungeons, and now the ARPG dungeon-crawling Minecraft spin-off is looking ahead towards its future, with four new expansions planned. The first three expansions, Howling Peaks, Flames of the Nether, and Hidden Depths are now available, and players can pick up the Season Pass to gain access to the fourth as soon as it launches.
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. That means access to hundreds of games, with more added all the time, for a single monthly subscription cost.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.