What you need to know
- Minecraft Dungeons is a co-op focused ARPG spin-off of Minecraft available on Xbox, PlayStation, PC, Switch, and Android through Xbox Cloud Gaming (Project xCloud).
- Mojang Studios has revealed today that Minecraft Dungeons has reached over 10 million players since its launch last year.
- This impressive figure is followed by some insane play stats from players, like beating the final boss nearly 6 million times in total.
- Minecraft Dungeons is celebrating with a free cosmetic cape and pet, releasing on February 24 alongside the 'Flames of the Nether' DLC.
Minecraft Dungeons is the co-op focused ARPG spin-off of Minecraft, and it wasn't necessarily taken seriously by hardcore Minecrafters when it released. Fun gameplay mechanics, wonderful graphics, and a constant stream of updates and DLC like the Howling Peaks DLC have all made Minecraft Dungeons an enjoyable and overall fantastic game for any ARPG fans. As it turns out, a lot of people agree with this sentiment, as Mojang Studios just revealed that Minecraft Dungeons has surpassed over 10 million players.
Minecraft Dungeons is available on Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, PC, and Xbox Cloud Gaming, and has gathered an impressive number of players since its launch. Those 10 million players have apparently:
- Beaten the Arch-Illager 5,934,629 times
- Beaten the Redstone Monstrosity 7,044,521 times, with 19,511,994 attempts
- Spent over 114 years in the Camp
- Spent over 6,660 years fighting enemy mobs
It's almost certain these numbers have been massively bolstered by Minecraft Dungeons' availability through Xbox Game Pass. Still, Minecraft Dungeons has held its own alongside bigger releases after almost one year of existence.
To celebrate, Minecraft Dungeons will give all players a free cosmetic cape and pet (looks like a Baby Pig) that will be added to your inventory on February 24, 2021. Coincidentally, this is also the release date of Minecraft Dungeons' Flames of the Nether DLC and complimentary free update, which promises to be Minecraft Dungeons' most ambitious update yet. The free update and celebratory cosmetic items are, well, free, but the Flames of the Nether DLC can be picked up as part of the Minecraft Dungeons Season Pass.
Minecraft Dungeons is at its best when played with friends, so consider one of the Best Headsets for Xbox Series X|S to keep in touch with them while in the heat of battle.
The next era of Dungeons
Minecraft Dungeons: Season Pass
Explore new worlds in Minecraft Dungeons.
It's been a busy first year for Minecraft Dungeons, and now the ARPG dungeon-crawling Minecraft spin-off is looking ahead towards its future, with four new expansions planned. The first one, Howling Peaks, is available right now, but players can also grab the new Season Pass to gain immediate access to all four expansions as soon as they launch.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.