What you need to know
- Minecraft Dungeons is an action-RPG spin-off of Minecraft, and it has been updated significantly since launch.
- On Wednesday, Mojang Studios began rolling out 'Luminous Night,' the second Seasonal Adventure for the game.
- The update brings dozens of changes and improvements, as well as tons of new features for The Tower and the Adventure Hub.
- Minecraft Dungeons Season 2 'Luminous Night' is now available for players to download and play.
Minecraft Dungeons has moved away from full DLC expansions in favor of "Seasonal Adventures," which periodically add brand-new content and features for players to explore and unlock. Mojang Studios has been working on Season 2 of Minecraft Dungeons, which includes new mobs to fight, new pets to adore, new quality-of-life improvements, and new features for The Tower.
Minecraft Dungeons: Luminous Night is now available alongside dozens of changes, and plenty of reasons for players to return to this ever-expanding action-RPG title. Minecraft Dungeons is absolutely packed with content at this point in its life, and now it has even more. Some of the highlights of this release include:
- A new optional "Adventure Pass" with tons of premium rewards on top of the free tiers, missions, and challenges
- New content for The Tower, including additional biomes, puzzles, floors, and enemies
- The Wildfire, a boss-like mob with four shields, the ability to regenerate health in fire, and terrible ranged fire attacks
- New adorable pets, cosmetics, flairs, emotes, and much more to unlock through The Tower, the Adventure Pass, and more
- The addition of the Storage Chest, which allows players to store and organize all of their gear (300 new slots!) in the Camp and sync it through the cloud
- 10 new Achievements to unlock
- Dozens of other fixes, changes, and improvements
The Season 2 Luminous Night update for Minecraft Dungeons is now available across all platforms, including Xbox, PlayStation, PC, Switch, and Xbox Cloud Gaming. Minecraft Dungeons was already one of the best Xbox games you can play, and this injection of fresh content makes it even better.
The full changelog for Minecraft Dungeons: Season 2 Luminous Night 220.127.116.11 includes:
- Become the avatar once more and take on new challenges in Luminous Night — Minecraft Dungeons' second Seasonal Adventure
- Explore the Tower by night, with fresh floors that feature mysterious murals, perplexing puzzles, and a fiery foe that may prove too hot to handle for even the most seasoned adventurers
- Earn new, radiant rewards that will light up your surroundings with bioluminescent delight, from thematic skins and emotes to dreadfully adorable Ministrosity and Abomination pets
- Up your game with additional quality-of-life features such as the storage chest and improved user interface
- Luminous Night is here — what will you discover before daybreak?
- Explore the Tower as you've never seen it before, with floors that feature new biomes, perplexing puzzles, and the Wildfire — an old fan favorite that is making a triumphant return to the Minecraft universe
- Adventure Points are now rewarded after clearing each floor of the Tower, even if the Tower run is failed. Clearing the Tower grants maximum points!
- When a floor has been cleared of all mobs, there is now a popup notification to indicate the floor is now clear
- The waypoint to the exit now only appears when the floor has been cleared
- Luminous Night features plenty of radiant rewards that will light up your surroundings with bioluminescent delight!
- These include the dreadfully adorable Ministrosity and Abomination pets, but also plenty of shiny emotes, skins, capes, and flairs
- The active season can be changed in the Adventure Hub so you can still earn rank and rewards from Season 1. Setting the season in the Adventure Hub will make all Adventure Points go toward ranking up in the selected season!
- New and exciting weekly challenges have been added to the rotation, with many adjustments to pacing made directly from community feedback
- A popup message now appears during gameplay to let you know when weekly challenges have been completed
- Many reworks to the Adventure Hub for better readability and navigation
- The Storage Chest has been added to The Camp, allowing you to store an additional 300 items per character
- Contents in the Storage Chest can be transferred between platforms, along with other character data, using Cloud Saves
- With this release, you'll discover and unlock 10 new achievements during your adventures!
Changes & fixes
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during gameplay
- Fire-resistant mobs can no longer fall into lava on certain Tower floors
- The Uniquesmith now upgrades the power level of a selected item to match the player's strongest piece of gear
- Fixed multiple exploits surrounding bosses and obtaining overpowered gear in the Tower
- Fixed missing sounds when bosses spawn in the Tower
- Added missing sounds to the Tower Keeper on the Tower Failed screen
- Fixed some Tower doors that could be opened twice, blocking progression through the Tower
- Mobs killed by Thorns armor enchantment now count towards the "Defeat X Mobs" weekly challenge
- Mobs killed by the Shock Web ranged enchantment trap effect now count towards the "Defeat X Ancient Mobs" weekly challenge
- Mobs killed by Electrified armor enchantment now count towards the "Defeat X Ancient Mobs" weekly challenge
- Fixed Luck of the Sea enchantment incorrectly labelling Common items as Unique
- Updated Unchanting's description to "Deal more damage to enchanted enemies", so it encompasses both melee and ranged
- Shadow Shifter is now properly affected by cooldown-reducing enchantments and effects
- Beast Surge upgrade tiers now show "pet boost", as the enchantment affects pet attack and movement speed
- If an Ancient Hunt begins with Spider Cave, the player no longer loads into the mission already surrounded by enemies
- Fixed an area in Fiery Forge that players could get stuck in after dying
- Fixed falling tiles on End Wilds to now fall properly when an arena is triggered
- Fixed doors in Overgrown Temple that led to nowhere
- Fixed an area in The Stronghold that players could fall out of
- Fixed the Fiery Forge ambush gate's forcefield remaining visible after the gate is opened
- Removed a pesky invisible barrier in Highblock Halls
- Fixed players not being able to pass through a gate in Pumpkin Pastures in online multiplayer
- Fixed an area on Windswept Peaks that allowed players to walk through walls
- Fixed a gate on Broken Citadel not appearing for clients during online multiplayer sessions
- Fixed redstone cores on Fiery Forge lacking button prompts when interacting with a controller
- Fixed an invisible barrier that blocked TNT in the spider den area of Creeper Woods
- Players can no longer get stuck in a puzzle cube on Gale Sanctum
- Quadrupled Minecart damage to players in response to community feedback
- Daggers, Scythes, and their respective Unique variants have been added as potential gear drops in Lone Fortress on Adventure difficulty
- Melons now heal 75% over 15 seconds
- Bosses can no longer be instantly defeated with Scatter Mines
- Spiders, Witches, and Frozen Zombies can no longer shoot projectiles after being defeated
- Skeleton Vanguards now have more enchantment options
- Raid Captains are now immune to wind
- Solemn Giant now wears a helmet
- The Jungle Abomination arena in Overgrown Temple is now smaller
- Chase speed has been increased to 1.4
- Altered poison 360 attack to fire two volleys 0.5s apart with a 22.5-degree difference in angle
- Damage multiplier for poison darts has been increased to 1.35
- Poison 360-degree attack cooldown has been reduced from 20 seconds to 10 seconds
- Added combined attack, which summons vines and fires 360-degree darts at the same time
- Created new projectile and poison effect for the Jungle Abomination's attack
- Added Poison (5s) to the Jungle Abomination's melee attack
- Added poison resistance to the Jungle Abomination
- Wretched Wraith Health Increased from 9,000 to 11,000
- Wretched Wraith incoming ranged damage reduced from 0.7 to 0.6
- Wretched Wraith is now affected by the Smiting enchantment
- If you're playing in South Korea, we added gameplay timers and notices in compliance with gaming laws to help remind players to take occasional breaks from gameplay
- "Damage Dealt" and "Damage Done" values in post-mission screen can no longer appear as negative values
- The threat level slider on the mission select screen now defaults to the recommended level
- TNT and auras from the player armor are no longer visible while in merchant menus
- Emote previews now appear properly after Battlestaff and Rapier were equipped
- Characters no longer stand still after Battlestaff and Rapier were equipped
- Fixed the progress bar stretching when teleporting to another player
- The Ancient Hunt screen now longer shows merchants in the background, after visiting them
- Fixed missing lines on the mission select screen that connect secret missions to their unlock missions
- Guests in local co-op sessions can now properly see skins selections when joining an in-game session
- The "Settings changes detected" message now appears properly in Controller area of Settings
- Players are no longer pulled out of the pause screen if their controller disconnects
- Fixed directional input becoming unresponsive after disconnecting and reconnecting controllers on merchant screens when playing on Xbox
- "View Controls" and "Customize Controls" menu options now navigate to the proper screens depending on what input method is currently being used
- Fixed navigation of the cosmetics menu with a controller causing the character to stutter
- Fixed objective text not disappearing fully after progressing to a new Tower floor
- Eye of Ender doors now have button prompts when interacting with a controller
- A crash may occur when alternating between Adventure Hub pages using controller trigger buttons
- 'Weekly challenge complete' toast notifications are not localized for all supported languages
Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Edition
Everything Dungeons and more.
Minecraft Dungeons has released a ridiculous amount of content since its launch, and now players can gain access to most of it in one fell swoop with Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Edition, a value-driven bundle that includes the base game, all six DLC expansions released so far, and the Hero Pass DLC. All you'll be missing are the Seasonal Adventure Passes.
A catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, Xbox Game Pass for Xbox consoles and PC Game Pass for Windows devices, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go fun. Minecraft Dungeons is included in Xbox and PC Game Pass, and players can get a discount on Seasonal Adventure Passes.
Zachary Boddy is the Minecraft Expert and a News Writer for Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been freelancing for Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019, with a focus on Xbox and PC gaming. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.