What you need to know
- Mojang Studios usually hosts an annual event to discuss the future of Minecraft, and what the studio is working on.
- This year, the newly announced and ambitious Minecraft Festival was postponed, leaving a gap in Mojang Studios' plans.
- Instead, Mojang Studios will host a Minecraft Live event, entirely online, that will detail the future of Minecraft.
- Minecraft Live will happen on October 3, and will feature huge announcements and even let players vote on a new mob.
After the postponement of the ambitious Minecraft Festival, players and fans wondered where Mojang Studios' big yearly announcements and feature roadmap for Minecraft would come from. We don't have to worry anymore, as Minecraft Live is happening, and it's happening on October 3, 2020. Minecraft Live will be an online-only event that players and fans can tune into to learn about what's planned for Mojang Studios' expanding portfolio of Minecraft-branded entertainment.
The event will include:
- Information on future updates, which may include the Mountain Update
- Huge Minecraft-related announcements
- A vote on what the next mob in Minecraft should be
- Other Minecraft-related news
If you're interested, you can bookmark the official Minecraft website for further updates as we get closer to the event, or simply wait until October 3. There should be some good stuff planned, including finally learning what comes after the Nether Update, and possibly info about future Minecraft Dungeons DLC, since Creeping Winter comes on September 8, 2020.
Are you planning on tuning into Minecraft Live? What do you hope to see? Let us know in the comments below!
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Play with anyone, and play anywhere.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
'Grounded' interview: What's next for Microsoft's little big adventure
Grounded from Obsidian Entertainment is one of Xbox Game Studios' biggest new IPs in recent years, and in November, it's about to get a large aquatic update. Here's our interview with Game Director Adam Brenneke, ahead of Grounded's Pond Update.
Review: Kensington's Orbit Fusion trackball mouse is a bit pricey at $70
Kensington makes some great trackball mice, and the Orbit Fusion is a new addition to its arsenal. We've been using it for a few weeks to see how it measures.
Review: Ghostrunner works well, but is held back by frustrating combat
Ghostrunner is a first-person platformer that shows a lot of promise, thanks to its excellent visuals, music, and parkour platforming. Unfortunately, the game stumbles thanks to its repetitive levels and clunky combat.
These PC accessories will turn Minecraft into a whole other experience
Jumping into the world of Minecraft? Already involved and want to ameliorate your gaming experience? Check out these awesome accessories.