Microsoft has been aggressively updating the Xbox One's interface since launch, but it looks like the biggest changes are ahead. Today, the company revealed (opens in new tab) some of the tweaks coming to Xbox Insiders in the Alpha and Alpha — Skip Ahead rings starting today. Some of the features mentioned below may not be available immediately so keep a lookout for them in the coming weeks. The biggest addition has to be mini virtual keyboard because the existing one is intrusive and cumbersome to use.
Mini virtual keyboard
- Microsoft understands that navigating a virtual keyboard can be challenging because you have to use thumbsticks. In order to improve this, a new mini virtual keyboard option is available.
- The new suggested uninstall feature will send you to a page that has titles suggested for removal if your hard drive is full.
Streamlined Xbox Game Pass Quests
- Xbox Game Pass Quests will be accessible directly from the dashboard and profile.
- With Message Requests, you can prioritize messages from your friends and anyone else.
Power Center restart
- A new option to restart the console has been added to the Power Center.
Programmable button on remote
- The Xbox media remote is being updated to allow the OneGuide button to be reprogrammed.
Those are the main features coming to Alpha and Alpha — Skip Ahead Xbox Insiders soon. Apart from that, Microsoft said that a small subset of users may be sent "experimental" features to test. It's unclear what they are.
Prepare for Anthem
Anthem Xbox One S Bundle
The all-inclusive Anthem Xbox One package
Anthem's Xbox One S 1 TB bundle packs everything you need to get started on launch day.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.