MSN Esports Hub helps you keep track of your favorite streams and games
MSN has a one-stop-shop for your favorite streams and gaming news.
What you need to know
- MSN now has an Esports Hub to keep people up to date on games and streams.
- The hub includes news, calendars, and a section for watching streams.
- The Esports Hub is built using AI that's built by Microsoft Research.
Last week, Microsoft rolled out an MSN Esports Hub. It's a one-stop-shop for gaming streams, news, and calendars for upcoming gaming events and tournaments. The hub includes streams, matches, tournaments, and states from across multiple platforms.
Right now, the Esports Hub has streams from YouTube and Twitch, but in the future, more platforms will be supported. It also aggregates content from many gaming news sites, including DotEsports, GamesRadar, and ESTNN.
MSN outlines the four key areas of the Esports hub in a recent blog post:
- "Home" blends streams, news, scores and schedules into an overview
- "Watch" focuses on livestreams and video content
- "Calendar" shows events and tournaments by day
- "News" pulls together articles and updates from around the web.
The Esports Hub uses an AI system built by Microsoft Research. The "Watch" section uses machine vision models to analyze tens of thousands of streams in real-time to pick the best ones to show. The model can identify which characters are being played, what map a person is on, and identify other areas that make a stream more or less enticing.
In addition to the Esports Hub from MSN, you can also check out the Esports news section of the MSN home page. The MSN home page aggregates articles but doesn't have the streams or other features seen in the Esports Hub.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at email@example.com.