LAS VEGAS -- Immersive apps and gaming is a main focus for Microsoft with Windows Phone 7 Series. Today at MIX10, Microsoft announced details of the services developers have at their disposal:
- Accelerometer, an intuitive control that responds to motion
- A Microsoft Location Service to provide developers with a single point of reference to acquire location information
- Microsoft Notification Service for pushing information to the phone, regardless of whether or not an application is running
- Hardware-accelerated video with digital rights management (DRM)
- Internet Information Services Smooth Streaming for the industry’s highest quality content viewing experience
- Camera and microphone support
Two things that stand out there: Multitouch -- obviously a hot topic these days -- and push notifications, which will work regardless of whether the application is running.
Phil is the father of two beautiful girls and is the Dad behind Modern Dad. Before that he spent seven years at the helm of Android Central. Before that he spent a decade in a newsroom of a two-time Pulitzer Prize-finalist newspaper. Before that — well, we don't talk much about those days. Subscribe to the Modern Dad newsletter!
I am fully satisfied with Phones looked like PCs, but a phone is not a PC, it
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.