The beta version of Ryken Apps' third-party YouTube app MyTube! has been updated for Windows 10 for PC and Mobile. The new version supports the Windows 10 Anniversary Update with background audio features and more.
Here's whats new and improved in the beta, which has the version number of 188.8.131.52:
- Redstone support
- Started implementing background audio
- Saves space on mobile devices by hiding header bar on video page
- Saves space in landscape mode by hiding the header bar
- New color scheme for the player controls
- On Redstone, the player controls are now translucent and blur the video behind them
- Added color scheme selection (not yet complete)
- Started working on Chromecast and DIAL support
- Started working on remote system casting (Casting to other Windows devices running myTube)
- Changed Xbox/TV Mode style
- TV Mode now automatically goes fullscreen
- Comment control no longer focusable or clickable
- Able to post comments
- The app should now keep you signed into YouTube for more than 60 minutes
- Moving your finger quickly will seek at a faster rate
Ryken Labs sent us this additional note about the update:
Btw, in the Anniversary Update, if you minimize the app while playing a video, the audio will keep playing seamlessly without a short pause, since it no longer needs to switch from foreground to background media playback. Redstone will just keep playing the audio from the foreground video when you minimize.
In addition to Windows 10 on PC and Mobile, Ryken Apps is also working to add Xbox One support for MyTube.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Here's five new features in the Windows 10 October 2020 Update
The Windows 10 October 2020 Update is here! It's a smaller release, but that doesn't mean there aren't new things worthy of note to talk about. Here's the top five new features and changes that are included as part of Microsoft's latest version of Windows 10, rolling out now to users on supported devices running version 1903 or higher.
Windows 10 October 2020 Update review: Subtle, but necessary
Microsoft's next big Windows 10 feature update is almost here, packing several notable changes and enhancements. This release is known as the October 2020 Update, version 20H2, and is the second big Windows 10 update to hit in 2020, after version 2004 which released in May earlier this year. This release is very much a continuation of version 2004, adding a few final touches and subtle...
Review: Microsoft's new Designer Compact Keyboard is for minimalists
Microsoft has a new keyboard on the block, and this time, it’s in the form of a mini keyboard designed for the minimalist in mind. It’s a low-profile, sleek, slim, and modern Bluetooth keyboard with support for pairing to up to three devices, Windows 10’s emoji picker, and more. But for $70, is it worth it? Find out in our review.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.