Two weeks ago, Microsoft ushered in a new and improved Camera app for Windows 10 PC and Mobile, but only for Insiders in the Fast Ring. The app featured a revised UI along with a new time-lapse feature. A few days later, the app trickled down to Slow and Release Preview Rings and today it is now available to non-Insiders (Production).
Build 1021.11 is now available to all on PC and Mobile, which is a bump from 816.91. The update brings with it quite a few new things including faster start time.
Here is the full changelog:
- Enjoy taking photos, videos, and panoramas with our higher-contrast capture buttons.
- Set a photo timer right from the camera dashboard with our new toggle control.
- Get to Settings faster! Now, launch into Settings directly from the camera UI.
- Access your camera roll with one hand from its new spot on the screen.
- Zoom more easily with the new zoom slider.
- Make sure you nailed the shot, with a more noticeable capture animation.
- Change between front- and rear-facing cameras with a more prominent button control.
- On PC, use the spacebar as a shortcut to take pictures
Overall, the update seems to be a big improvement over the previous milestone. As always, users are encouraged to use the Windows Feedback app should they have problems or feature requests for the development team.
Note: Some features may vary from device to device
Thanks, Lokesh K., for the tip!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The premium Lenovo Yoga C940 14 takes on the Yoga C740 14. Which one wins?
These two laptops come from the same family, but they're quite different with a price to reflect the premium offerings on the Yoga C940. Which one is right for you? We compare the two to help you decide.
Skype is great for Windows 10 users, even if people don't use it
Skype has apps everywhere, tons of features, and hundreds of millions of people have Skype accounts, but it's not known as a messaging app. Here's why Skype is the best communication app for users on Windows 10.
Master email with one of these awesome apps for Windows 10
Looking for a bit of variety in your email game? Need something powerful to handle the mail you send and receive? These are the best email apps for Windows 10.