If you're an Office Insider on the Slow ring, a whole bunch of new features are now available to check out for Windows desktop PCs. Nearly every base is covered here, with insights in Excel, ink conversion in PowerPoint, and the option to mark deleted emails as read in Outlook. There are even a few new features tagging along for Project.
Here's a look at all of what's new in the latest Slow ring updates for Windows:
- Excel - Insights: Is data analysis something you find intimidating? Worry no more! Insights helps you analyze your data in intelligent and personalized ways, and offers relevant learnings.
- Outlook - Listen to your emails: Do you have your hands full? No problem! Let Outlook read your emails aloud, while highlighting as it's read.
- Outlook - Never miss a reminder: Choose to set reminders to pop up over windows you're working in. Otherwise, Outlook will flash the taskbar to get your attention.
- Outlook - Mark deleted items as read: You asked for it! You can now set any message that you delete as read. Opt in by clicking File > Options > Mail.
- PowerPoint - Convert your ink: Take scribbled notes and drawings, and convert them into readable text and crisp shapes to create a polished presentation.
- Project - Task board filtering: You asked for it! Streamline your task boards by filtering on key resources or summary tasks.
- Project - Set percent complete from a task board: Choose a percent complete for each column, and then update task completion with drag-and-drop.
- Project - Sprint navigation: We heard you! You can now switch from one sprint view to another, and quickly move between sprints.
Office Insiders on the Slow ring should be able to grab the updates via any of the Office apps now. You'll want to make sure you're running version 1804 (Build 9226.xxxx) to see all of what's new.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.