Last week there was an update to the popular IMDb app for Windows Phone. We noticed that it seemed to perform quite a bit better and we got curious as to what was different. We reached out to the developers, IdentityMine (see interview) and here's what we learned is new or improved:
- Surprise Me! - using the accelerometer, shake the device to randomly discover a movie or celebrity
- German Language support
- News Update Improvements: Previous version of the application had caching issues, which prevented the application from automatically clearing data.
- Users can now see updated news in the app
- Movies link to Amazon.com for easy purchase
- More movie trailers have been added
- Several performance enhancements to make it easier to quickly explore the application and discover content
Not bad and it significantly improves the experience on this core app for Windows Phone. Download the app here, if you don't already have it.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central. He is also the head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft since 2007, when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, laptops, next-gen computing, and watches. He has been reviewing laptops since 2015 and is particularly fond of 2-in-1 convertibles, ARM processors, new form factors, and thin-and-light PCs. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics, watched people sleep (for medical purposes!), and ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun.