When Windows Phone 7 hits the shelves, it'll take some time for everyone to learn the ins and outs of the new system. We've touched on getting set up with Windows Live and X-Box Live to help you prepare for Window Phone 7. To add to the resources, U.K. based Pocket-Lint has compiled a list of seventy-two tips and tricks that might give everyone a leg up on the new OS.
As we learn our way around Windows Phone 7, we'll be adding additional tips for Windows Phone 7 to our Help section. In the meantime, here are a few from the list of seventy-two.
3. Add people to the start page: No it's not just about adding apps to the start page, but people too. Find them in your contacts book, click on the "pin" icon, and they'll be added to your Start page so you can speed dial them whenever you need.
10. What are the dots?: Whenever you see three dots at the bottom of the screen, that's a menu for more options. In photo playback for example, it will give you the options to delete the image or perform a quick upload.
25. Turn off 3G connectivity: There is always someone that will want to turn off 3G network support, presumably to save battery, and if that's you you'll need to head to the Settings, Mobile Network page to do just that. While you'll save battery don't expect those web pages you are surfing to load anytime soon.
32. Auto save your images to SkyDrive: It's always a good to keep a backup of your pictures, and Windows Phone 7 comes with SkyDrive which lets you do just that. In steps the auto upload to SkyDrive option. If you got confused the first time it asked you when you went into the pictures area, don't panic, you can re-enable it via the Applications page hidden within Settings. Go to Settings, swipe to the left and then scroll down to Pictures & Camera. In there you'll find the option to set the Auto Upload feature on.
53. Get rid of the "Sent from my Windows Phone" signature: Annoyed by that "sent from my iPhone" message you always get from your mates, and don't feel you need to brand your messages with the Windows Phone 7 love - don't panic, you can turn it off. In Mail press the three dots, select Settings, and then either turn off email signature or change it to whatever you want - maybe "Sent from my iPhone".
61. Merging your contacts: If you've got your contacts book filled with Facebook, Gmail and Hotmail, maybe even your work email, then chances are some of your core friends are going to be in your contacts book a couple of times. Windows Phone 7 is clever enough to "link" these contacts so they are shown under a single page. If it misses some, go into People, select a contact and then press the "chain" icon at the bottom of the page. You can then link further contacts to this page if you wish.
HP updates Reverb G2 ahead of launch, preorders start shipping in November
HP is finally nearly ready to start shipping its new Reverb G2 Windows Mixed Reality headset. Those who have already preordered the $600 headset should see them arrive in November, while anyone preordering after September 24 will see headsets arrive in December.
The 300Hz display on the Razer Blade 15 is way ahead of its time
Our favorite gaming laptop now has a 300Hz display option and it's smoother than your eyes can really see.
Microsoft aims to compete with PS5 in Japan with Xbox Series S price drop
Microsoft is cutting the cost of the PS5 in Japan to better position the console as a cheaper alternative to the PS5. The price drop was announced during the company's first appearance at the Tokyo Game Show in six years.
Pump up the jam with some new PC speakers
PC speaker preferences vary from person to person, as it really depends on your rig, set up and the space restrictions of your home or apartment — not to mention your budget.