The latest episode of the OneCast is now available for download and streaming via major podcast distribution platforms. This week we were joined by Windows Central's Jason Ward, to discuss Microsoft's mobile strategy and where Windows 10 Mobile is headed. This was followed by our impressions on a range of recent and upcoming releases including Unravel, Cobalt and the Motiga's troubled MOBA, Gigantic. During the show, the news broke of Red Dead Redemption's arrival on Xbox One, where we shared our thoughts on the recent additions to the Xbox One's backward compatibility lineup.
This week's episode is available from the following sources:
If you're using a podcast app, copy and paste the RSS feed URL into the search bar, or search for 'OneCast Windows'.
OneCast is our Xbox and Microsoft podcast, hosted by the staff of Windows Central. A new episode of the OneCast is recorded each week, with topics surrounding Microsoft news and the gaming industry.
This week's discussions
- 00:00:00 - "Is Windows Phone Dead?" with Jason Ward
- 00:46:00 - Unravel, Catherine, Cobalt and Gigantic
- 01:24:00 - The Division's map size and advanced graphical settings on consoles
- 01:35:50 - DOOM concerns after recent trailer
- 01:44:00 - Mirror's Edge Catalyst's story trailer
- 01:52:20 - Red Dead Redemption appears for backward compatibility
- 01:58:32 - Ask OneCast: "What game got you into gaming?"
This week's hosts
Every week we'll be discussing an Xbox or Microsoft-related hypothetical question from the audience, so make sure to submit them via our Twitter accounts (@MSFTY and @mattjbrown) using the #OneCast hashtag, via email, or in the comments below!
Further reading on this week's topics
- Editorial: Viewing Windows phone in the proper context
- Navigating depth, difficulty and the Dark Zone in The Division's Xbox One beta
- The Division - Map Size Comparison To GTA V & Fallout 4
- EA Access unlocks Unravel as a free trial ahead of release on Xbox One
- DOOM reboot will let you battle demonic forces on PC and Xbox One on May 13
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst gets a closed beta and new trailer
- Gigantic ditches its closed beta NDA, will be inviting more testers soon
- Red Dead Redemption bringing the Wild West to Xbox One with backwards compatibility
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.