What you need to know
- The Outer Worlds is a first-person role-playing game from Obsidian Entertainment.
- Since launch, players have been complaining about its small text size.
- There's a patch to fix that.
- You can access The Outer Worlds through Xbox Game Pass.
Updated November 19, 2019: Today, Obsidian Entertainment released a patch for The Outer Worlds that not only increases font size of conversations, but also fixes a lot of other bugs. You can take a look at all of the changes below.
- Fixed the game crashing at a specific point when the player has reached Tartarus.
- Toggle to increase the font size in Settings.
- The Prismatic Hammer has been rebalanced and no longer incorrectly uses the level multiplier as an exponent instead of a multiplier.
- Existing Botched companion quests will have their status reset to Active allowing the player to add them to a party when leaving the ship.
- Fix for Radio Free Monarch where issues would happen when talking to Nayoka while having SAM in your party.
- Foliage on the Xbox One now has parity with the foliage on PlayStation 4.
- The achievement for It's Not the Best Choice will pop correctly.
The Outer Worlds is a first-person role-playing game that takes you to various planets. While the title has received a lot of critical acclaim, there are some issues like small text size and more. Luckily, the game is about to get a patch to fix all that.
According to a report by TrueAchievements, the next update will fix a lot. The main tweaks can be seen below.
- Fixed the crashing issue in Tartarus.
- Increased font size in conversations and subtitles.
- Fixed companions dying and failing companion quests on modes other than "Supernova."
- Fixed unable to finish Radio Free Monarch bug.
It's great to see that The Outer Worlds is addressing customer complaints in a timely fashion. Hopefully, other changes based on player feedback will be rolled out in a similar fashion. One of the biggest complaints Xbox One owners have is that there is less foliage in the world when compared to the PlayStation 4 version. While the Xbox One X port runs at native 4K resolution, compared to 1440p on PlayStation 4 Pro, it would still be nice to have the same level of detail. We'll keep you posted as soon as we know more.
Best of the best
Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold in one
Xbox Game Pass gives you access to over a hundred games for one monthly fee. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also adds Xbox Live Gold to the package so you can play online with your friends.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Twitter PWA picks up a simple tweet scheduler in latest update
Twitter's PWA is now showing a tweet scheduler, which was previously only in testing for some users. The feature has long been a part of TweetDeck, but it is now available to anyone using twitter.com or the Twitter progressive web apps, including from the Microsoft Store.
Best Minecraft Dungeons character builds we've found so far
Minecraft Dungeons is a game all about the loot. As such, we thought we'd share some of the endgame builds we're currently using, that might help you get started with your own creations.
Check out these excellent Windows 10 laptops that come with LTE support
Need a quality Windows 10 laptop that can stay connected while on the go? Check out this roundup of the best devices complete with LTE modem.
Best Xbox-themed Pride Accessories
June is LGBT Pride Month, which means that it's time to show your spirit! Check out these awesome Xbox-themed LGBT Pride accessories.