What you need to know
- The Outer Worlds is a first-person role-playing game from Obsidian Entertainment.
- Since launch, players have been complaining about its small text size.
- There's a patch to fix that.
- You can access The Outer Worlds through Xbox Game Pass.
Updated November 19, 2019: Today, Obsidian Entertainment released a patch for The Outer Worlds that not only increases font size of conversations, but also fixes a lot of other bugs. You can take a look at all of the changes below.
- Fixed the game crashing at a specific point when the player has reached Tartarus.
- Toggle to increase the font size in Settings.
- The Prismatic Hammer has been rebalanced and no longer incorrectly uses the level multiplier as an exponent instead of a multiplier.
- Existing Botched companion quests will have their status reset to Active allowing the player to add them to a party when leaving the ship.
- Fix for Radio Free Monarch where issues would happen when talking to Nayoka while having SAM in your party.
- Foliage on the Xbox One now has parity with the foliage on PlayStation 4.
- The achievement for It's Not the Best Choice will pop correctly.
The Outer Worlds is a first-person role-playing game that takes you to various planets. While the title has received a lot of critical acclaim, there are some issues like small text size and more. Luckily, the game is about to get a patch to fix all that.
According to a report by TrueAchievements, the next update will fix a lot. The main tweaks can be seen below.
- Fixed the crashing issue in Tartarus.
- Increased font size in conversations and subtitles.
- Fixed companions dying and failing companion quests on modes other than "Supernova."
- Fixed unable to finish Radio Free Monarch bug.
It's great to see that The Outer Worlds is addressing customer complaints in a timely fashion. Hopefully, other changes based on player feedback will be rolled out in a similar fashion. One of the biggest complaints Xbox One owners have is that there is less foliage in the world when compared to the PlayStation 4 version. While the Xbox One X port runs at native 4K resolution, compared to 1440p on PlayStation 4 Pro, it would still be nice to have the same level of detail. We'll keep you posted as soon as we know more.
Best of the best
Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold in one
Xbox Game Pass gives you access to over a hundred games for one monthly fee. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also adds Xbox Live Gold to the package so you can play online with your friends.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The first two Snapdragon 7c PCs are here, and they start at $299 with LTE
Along with a slew of announcements for the education market this week, Microsoft debuted the first two PCs to be powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 7c platform. Both are targeted at the education market, and they bring LTE for as little as $299.
Need a laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 port? Every PC here deserves a look.
Looking for a new laptop that has Thunderbolt 3 ports? Well, you're in luck, as we've rounded up what we think are the best Thunderbolt 3 enabled laptops available to buy today.
Windows 10 build 19546 arrives for Fast ring with graphing calculator
Microsoft pushed out another new Windows 10 Preview build for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring today. This build brings the build number up to 19546, and it includes a new graphing mode for the Calculator app.
These pre-built PCs are all great for playing Fortnite on Windows 10
Fortnite isn't a demanding game, but having a more powerful PC provides an advantage, especially when it comes to competitive play. These pre-built PCs are great options for playing the popular game.