What you need to know
- LUMIX Tether for Streaming (Beta) is now available from Panasonic.
- The piece of software helps you live stream using your DSLR.
- LUMIX Tether for Streaming works with the LUMIX DC-GH5, DC-G9, DC-GH5S, DC-S1, DC-S1R, and DC-S1H.
Panasonic released a piece of software today that helps you live stream with your DSLR, LUMIX Tether for Streaming (Beta). The software is in beta right now and builds off of Panasonic's LUMIX Tether software. LUMIX Tether for Streaming allows you to connect your supported camera to your PC through USB tethering. It also features a LIVE VIEW mode that is free from any graphics or text on top of the camera feed. As a result, it's easier for streaming software to pick up a clean camera feed from LUMIX Tether for Streaming.
As more people work from home, it's become more important to have a good webcam. If you have a supported LUMIX camera, you can use Panasonic's new software as part of your streaming set up. The software currently supports the LUMIX DC-GH5, DC-G9, DC-GH5S, DC-S1, DC-S1R, and DC-S1H.
- How to use your own camera as a webcam
- How to use your Android phone as a webcam for streaming
- Best Webcam Software for Windows 10 in 2020
You can download LUMIX Tether for Streaming from Panasonic's website
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Sean Endicott brings nearly a decade of experience covering Microsoft and Windows news to Windows Central. He joined our team in 2017 as an app reviewer and now heads up our day-to-day news coverage. If you have a news tip or an app to review, hit him up at firstname.lastname@example.org.