PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) is a last-man-standing shooter being developed with the help of community feedback. Starting with absolutely nothing, players must fight to locate weapons and supplies in a battle to be the only one alive.
The game suffers from numerous bugs on Xbox One, and today PUBG Corp. detailed some of the upcoming changes. Map selection and limb penetration are coming to the game very soon! You can read about all the major changes below.
- The current plan is to have map selection available by late summer or early fall. The final date isn't confirmed yet as the team is focusing on improving performance first.
- "Character Position Readjustment" happens when there's a conflict between a player's location client-side versus server-side. Visually, this looks like the player is teleporting back to a previous position. PUBG Corp. is working on a server-side update to address this.
- Currently there is no limb penetration in the game. This means that shooting certain parts of an enemy has no effect. To fix this, the developer will be introducing limb penetration.
- Some reports show that damage is taken behind cover. This is due to the ping difference with the player and the server. The team is investigating this it seems.
- Fixing the teleport bug will also fix the invisible winning player bug. This will take a while to patch though.
Hopefully the next patch will also bring frame rate improvements for Xbox One owners. Games like Fortnite are witnessing unprecedented success because many players are abandoning PUBG due to the problems. The patches need to come out soon before it's too late.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Need a laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 port? Every PC here deserves a look.
Looking for a new laptop that has Thunderbolt 3 ports? Well, you're in luck, as we've rounded up what we think are the best Thunderbolt 3 enabled laptops available to buy today.
Money in Excel can help you keep on top of your finances
Microsoft revealed Money in Excel today during its launch of new Microsoft 365 features. The new feature is a budgeting tool that makes it easy to keep track of your finances in Excel, much like the Microsoft Money of old.
Microsoft 365 brings work, life, and family together under one subscription
Microsoft has announced a new subscription aimed at consumers who are looking to keep their life organized between home, work, and family. The new subscription is largely a rebrand of Microsoft Office 365, but with several new benefits and features that extend outside of the traditional suite of Office applications. Such benefits include new cloud-powered experiences that enhance your...
The best FreeSync monitors for your Xbox One
Keep your Xbox One games smoother than ever with these FreeSync monitors.