Podcast Lounge is a highly popular Windows Phone app, which has been available for some time. Igneous Software has released numerous updates for the podcast player in the past, but recently 188.8.131.52 was pushed to the store. While this release is considered a maintenance update, there's a lot included.
Here's what's new in version 184.108.40.206:
- Updated the routine for the image proxy to better handle filenames with escaped spaces
- Bug with downloading non-favourites (keyname is getting lost) fixed
- Offline files were not getting updated in the episodes list if the user navigates back from player page after last episode has played
- Offline file tag on player page was not getting updated when the last file was deleted in a continuous playback state
- Adding authorised podcasts under the “my library” interface didn’t work (keyname was being reset in-between setting password and downloading RSS)
- More resilient to duff podcast settings files – repaired without user being notified
- Podcast episodes list now shows the cache first before updating over the network which should significantly improve episode load performance. Any change in UI will cancel the update.
- Position of download summary page list is now preserved when tombstoned
- Adding a new podcast with an invalid URL structure now shows a proper error rather than a notice to send a debug email report
- Returning to the player screen sometimes didn’t update the offline status of a podcast after it had been deleted (it’s because we are now closing the player)
- Added some additional status reporting for the resource-intensive task within settings – this status is persisted between sessions using the INI file
- Improved the settings UI to reflect better differentiation between UI downloads and resource-intensive downloads
- Fixed RSS parser to better cope with null image references or other URI errors
- Fixed XML detect routines to deal with incomplete feeds and other errors
- MountEpisodesFromRSSFileMemoryOptimised is now far more robust and can deal with feeds ordered in different ways (i.e. newest or oldest first)
- Addressed system-wide bugs in updating the “new” episode counter (we were assuming that the favourite was mounted which caused the update to fail often)
- Added a catch for Audible AAX files and display a warning saying they aren’t compatible
- Now detected for GDR3 and remove BlueSmart as it’s no longer needed (fixed in OS)
- Episode menu fixed for a bug where selection wasn’t registered
- Options selection debug entry corrected to actually report menu entry selected
- A podcast completing and closing the player did not trigger the “now playing” menu entry to be removed – fixed
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.