Podcast Lounge is a highly popular Windows Phone app, which has been available for some time. Igneous Software has released numerous updates for the podcast player in the past, but recently 188.8.131.52 was pushed to the store. While this release is considered a maintenance update, there's a lot included.
Here's what's new in version 184.108.40.206:
- Updated the routine for the image proxy to better handle filenames with escaped spaces
- Bug with downloading non-favourites (keyname is getting lost) fixed
- Offline files were not getting updated in the episodes list if the user navigates back from player page after last episode has played
- Offline file tag on player page was not getting updated when the last file was deleted in a continuous playback state
- Adding authorised podcasts under the “my library” interface didn’t work (keyname was being reset in-between setting password and downloading RSS)
- More resilient to duff podcast settings files – repaired without user being notified
- Podcast episodes list now shows the cache first before updating over the network which should significantly improve episode load performance. Any change in UI will cancel the update.
- Position of download summary page list is now preserved when tombstoned
- Adding a new podcast with an invalid URL structure now shows a proper error rather than a notice to send a debug email report
- Returning to the player screen sometimes didn’t update the offline status of a podcast after it had been deleted (it’s because we are now closing the player)
- Added some additional status reporting for the resource-intensive task within settings – this status is persisted between sessions using the INI file
- Improved the settings UI to reflect better differentiation between UI downloads and resource-intensive downloads
- Fixed RSS parser to better cope with null image references or other URI errors
- Fixed XML detect routines to deal with incomplete feeds and other errors
- MountEpisodesFromRSSFileMemoryOptimised is now far more robust and can deal with feeds ordered in different ways (i.e. newest or oldest first)
- Addressed system-wide bugs in updating the “new” episode counter (we were assuming that the favourite was mounted which caused the update to fail often)
- Added a catch for Audible AAX files and display a warning saying they aren’t compatible
- Now detected for GDR3 and remove BlueSmart as it’s no longer needed (fixed in OS)
- Episode menu fixed for a bug where selection wasn’t registered
- Options selection debug entry corrected to actually report menu entry selected
- A podcast completing and closing the player did not trigger the “now playing” menu entry to be removed – fixed
Update 6: Microsoft wants all of TikTok, but Trump's order may interfere
The Financial Times reports that as part of negotiations, Microsoft is now inquiring whether it can buy all of TikTok, instead of just the business in the US., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. This new plan would include India and Europe (and excluding China).
Surface Duo and double Dans take over this week's Android Central podcast
Need even more Surface Duo in your life? Check out the latest Android Central podcast, in which Daniel Rubino and Daniel Bader (double the Dans!) discuss Surface Duo, Microsoft's Samsung love affair, and Project xCloud.
This is the best Windows 10 tablet you can buy right now
There are many Windows 10 tablets on the market, but it's hard to sort through the rubbish. Here's our picks for the best Windows 10 tablets you can buy right now. At the top of our list is the Surface Pro X, which we think is the best due to its ARM processor, large display, and thin form factor while still packing good battery life and excellent performance.
These are the best gaming laptops for playing PUBG
You have a lot of options when it comes to gaming laptops for playing PUBG. Luckily, this game can run on a lot of different machines. Here are our picks for the best laptops for PUBG.