Podcast Lounge is a highly popular Windows Phone app, which has been available for some time. Igneous Software has released numerous updates for the podcast player in the past, but recently 184.108.40.206 was pushed to the store. While this release is considered a maintenance update, there's a lot included.
Here's what's new in version 220.127.116.11:
- Updated the routine for the image proxy to better handle filenames with escaped spaces
- Bug with downloading non-favourites (keyname is getting lost) fixed
- Offline files were not getting updated in the episodes list if the user navigates back from player page after last episode has played
- Offline file tag on player page was not getting updated when the last file was deleted in a continuous playback state
- Adding authorised podcasts under the “my library” interface didn’t work (keyname was being reset in-between setting password and downloading RSS)
- More resilient to duff podcast settings files – repaired without user being notified
- Podcast episodes list now shows the cache first before updating over the network which should significantly improve episode load performance. Any change in UI will cancel the update.
- Position of download summary page list is now preserved when tombstoned
- Adding a new podcast with an invalid URL structure now shows a proper error rather than a notice to send a debug email report
- Returning to the player screen sometimes didn’t update the offline status of a podcast after it had been deleted (it’s because we are now closing the player)
- Added some additional status reporting for the resource-intensive task within settings – this status is persisted between sessions using the INI file
- Improved the settings UI to reflect better differentiation between UI downloads and resource-intensive downloads
- Fixed RSS parser to better cope with null image references or other URI errors
- Fixed XML detect routines to deal with incomplete feeds and other errors
- MountEpisodesFromRSSFileMemoryOptimised is now far more robust and can deal with feeds ordered in different ways (i.e. newest or oldest first)
- Addressed system-wide bugs in updating the “new” episode counter (we were assuming that the favourite was mounted which caused the update to fail often)
- Added a catch for Audible AAX files and display a warning saying they aren’t compatible
- Now detected for GDR3 and remove BlueSmart as it’s no longer needed (fixed in OS)
- Episode menu fixed for a bug where selection wasn’t registered
- Options selection debug entry corrected to actually report menu entry selected
- A podcast completing and closing the player did not trigger the “now playing” menu entry to be removed – fixed
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Xbox lead Phil Spencer talks Game Pass 'Platinum' and TV streaming devices
Could Project xCloud come direct to television without a console? Never say never, says Phil Spencer.
Our comprehensive list of all Xbox Series X Optimized games
A complete list of Xbox Series X Optimized games confirmed so far, including their plans to support 4K resolution, HDR, high FPS gameplay, ray tracing, and Smart Delivery.
Windows 10 Insider build 19042.608 rolling out. Here's what's new.
Now that the October 2020 Update is officially available, Microsoft continues to test bug fixes with Insiders. The latest Insider build preview the "Meet Now" button in the task bar, along with a slew of fixes and improvements.
Grab one of these great monitors for the Surface Laptop Go
Is the Surface Laptop Go's display not quite big enough for heavy multitasking? Check out these external monitor options for all uses and budgets.