What you need to know
- Minecraft Dungeons, a co-o focused ARPG from Mojang Studios, has been out for a few weeks new.
- Since its release, it's received a number of updates to fix various bugs and crashing issues.
- The latest patch update, 22.214.171.124, rolled out to third-party platforms like Playstation and Switch earlier.
- Now the update is rolling out for Xbox One and Windows, with some platform specific fixes in tow as well.
The 126.96.36.199 patch update that came to the Nintendo Switch and Playstation 4 platforms last week for Minecraft Dungeons is now here for Xbox One and Windows 10 devices, as promised. The update includes all of the cross-platform fixes in the initial changelog, with some additional fixes on top of those specific for each platform. This update seems to focus a lot on overall stability, which has been a point of contention for players trying to get into the game.
The fixes for each platform are:
- Fixed a crash which occurred when signing out of the active profile on Xbox One during the victory countdown
- Fixed a crash that could occur in local co-op when Player 2 tried to join using a guest account
- Fixed multiple crashes that could occur when resuming from standby mode
- Fixed performance issues when using text-to-speech
- Sessions of players who sign out using the Xbox dashboard now disappear from the in-game session list in a timely fashion
- The game no longer freezes when accepting an invite while the game is suspended
- Fixed save data becoming corrupted after a crash that could occur when quitting the game
- Saved data is now saved to the %HOMEPATH%\Saved Games\Mojang Studios\Dungeons folder. Save files will be moved to this folder after loading into Minecraft Dungeons with the latest update
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using text-to-speech
- Fixed button prompts on the user interface constantly switching back to keyboard while playing on gamepad
- Fixed mouse hover not being recognized by any buttons first clicking on the main menu
If you're interested in checking out the full changelog, you can find that here. Or you can check out our initial report from last week. Hopefully this update goes a long ways towards fixing some of the numerous issues Minecraft Dungeons has been having, as we march towards the release of the first DLC for the game, Jungle Awakens.
Not your average Minecraft
Minecraft explores the dungeons.
Minecraft Dungeons is the next saga in Minecraft's story, and Mojang Studios have knocked another one out of the park. Awesome co-op combat paired with powerful loot, all at a crazy affordable price? There's not much more you could ask for in an epic dungeon crawling ARPG.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The Black Friday keyboard deals you need to know about
Getting your hands on a new keyboard is exciting for PC users, and thanks to Black Friday, it's more affordable than ever before. Here's a look at the best Black Friday keyboard deals available now.
Best Wireless Headsets for Xbox Series X, Series S 2020
Next-gen consoles need next-gen wireless. Here are our picks for the best wireless headsets for Xbox Series X and Series S.
Here's what to expect from Windows 10 in 2021
The year is almost over, so it’s time to look ahead to 2021 and see what we can expect from Windows in 2021. Windows 10 has taken somewhat of a backseat when it comes to major features or OS changes in the last couple of years, but that appears to be about to change as Microsoft aims to refocus on the OS in big ways next year.
Plow through enemies with these great beat 'em ups for Xbox
Feel the urge to unleash some pent up frustrations on armies of bad guys? Here are some of the best beat em' ups and hack n' slashes to bring your much-needed catharsis.