What you need to know
- Remnant: From the Ashes is a third-person action game from Gunfire Games.
- The team is known for working on Darksiders III.
- Take a look at the complete list of Traits, or perks, to make your character stronger.
- You can purchase Remnant: From the Ashes for $40 through the Microsoft Store (opens in new tab).
Remnant: From the Ashes is a third-person action game where you fight a variety of monsters. The world has been thrown into chaos by an ancient evil from another dimension. As one of the last remnants of humanity, you set out alone or alongside up to two other survivors to face down hordes of deadly enemies. The end-goal is to carve a foothold, rebuild, and retake what was lost. However, expect to die a lot while doing so.
The game features a lot of Traits, or perks, which help you become stronger. While there are standard ones like Vigor which increases health or Endurance which increases stamina, there are a few surprises thrown in there. You can take a look at all of them below.
- Arcane Strike: Increases Mod power gained through melee strikes
- Bark Skin: Increases armor
- Catalyst: Increases chance to status effects sticking to enemies
- Cold as Ice: Increases damage dealt to enemies when attacking them from behind
- Elder Knowledge: Experience point bonus increased
- Endurance: Increases stamina
- Executioner: Increases critical hit chance
- Exploiter: Increases targeted damage
- Glutton: Increases the speed of using consumables
- Guardians Blessing: Reduce incoming melee damage
- Handling: Decreases bullet spread and recoil
- Heavy Hitter: Probably increases damage of melee strikes
- Keeper's Blessing: Increases elemental resistance
- Kingslayer: Increases critical hit damage
- Mind's Eye: Increases ranged damage
- Mother's Blessing: Reduces incoming ranged damage
- Quick Hands: Increases weapon reload speed
- Rapid Strike: Increases melee attack speed
- Recovery: Increases stamina regeneration and decreases delayed start
- Revivalist: Increases revive speed
- Scavenger: Increases amount of Scrap gained
- Shadow Walker: Decreases enemy awareness
- Sleight of Hand: Increases weapon swap speed
- Spirit: Increases Mod power generation
- Steady Breathing: Probably increases accuracy of long-range guns
- Suspicion: Reduces friendly fire damage
- Swiftness: Increases movement speed
- Teamwork: Increases range to receive Teamwork bonuses
- Triage: Increases health regeneration effectiveness
- Trigger Happy: Increases your rate of fire
- Vigor: Increases health
- Warrior: Increases melee damage
- Will to Live: Increases health while wounded
- Wisdom: Probably increases experience point gains
- World Walker: Reduces stamina costs
Before investing in other traits, we would recommend upgrading Vigor and Endurance, in that order, to the maximum level of 20. This way, you'll be able to withstand a lot of damage and run away when need be. However, the extensive Traits make it so you can customize your character however you like.
Save the world
Kill all monsters
Remnant: From the Ashes is a third-person survival action shooter set in a post-apocalyptic world overrun by monstrous creatures.
Jump into digital
Ditch the discs
Secure your Xbox One S: All-Digital Edition today, Microsoft's new and ambitious disc-less console. It's the cheapest Xbox One ever made, bundled with three downloadable games like Forza Horizon 3. If you don't like physical media, then this is a great option.
Xbox accessories you'll love
Every one of these quality accessories is guaranteed to enhance your Xbox experience.
PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller for Xbox One (opens in new tab) ($20 at Amazon)
PowerA's take on the Xbox One controller is an attractive pickup for budget-conscious gamers that nails all the basics.
Talon PDP Xbox media remote (opens in new tab) ($20 at Amazon)
The Talon PDP Xbox media remote is great for watching shows on your console.
Xbox One S vertical stand (opens in new tab) ($10 at Amazon)
Stand your console upright with this accessory.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.