Resident Evil 2 is a stunning masterclass in video game remakes, staying true to the original while re-imagining many of the game's puzzles. One of the first you'll encounter is a couple of alphanumerical padlock dials, which keep Leon's desk locked up tight.
The path to the code is pretty simple, but if you're pressed for time, here's what you need to know.
Get the code to open Leon's desk
- Go to the West Office on the first floor of the police station, accessible via the Operations Room on the west side of the map.
- Turn left as you enter the room and head to Leon's desk at the far end of the police department office.
- You will find a note (pictured below) that explains his first assignment is to decipher the locks to his desk.
- If you follow the initials on each desk, you end up with the code NED MRG.
- Input the letters into each padlock dial, moving from left to right.
- The desk will unlock, revealing an extended magazine for Leon's handgun.Note: The reward will differ depending on which scenario you're running, however.
- Head to your inventory and combine the magazine with your handgun to gain extra ammo capacity.
- Enjoy increased ammo storage!
Following the success of Resident Evil 7, Resident Evil 2 is further proof that the aging franchise has a future. We're putting together a range of guides to help you navigate the shadowy passages of the game, which you can find at the link below.
Resident Evil 2 Guides and info
Resident Evil 2 is available now on Xbox One, PS4, and PC, for $59.99.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Jez Corden a Managing Editor at Windows Central, focusing primarily on all things Xbox and gaming. Jez is known for breaking exclusive news and analysis as relates to the Microsoft ecosystem while being powered by caffeine. Follow on Twitter @JezCorden and listen to his Xbox Two podcast, all about, you guessed it, Xbox!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.