Xbox One X is shaping up to be the most visually impressive place to play not only new games coming down the line, but also tons of already released games that will receive an update with enhancements for the console. At Gamescom 2017, Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider will be joining that list with a number of impressive looking enhancements on Xbox One X.
At the heart of the enhancements are three different visual modes. Players will be able to choose their preference from the modes, which include native 4K, enhanced visuals, or a high frame rate. In addition, the game will feature extra tech and visual enhancements on Xbox One X, which include the following:
- HDR display support for more vibrant and accurate color representation technology
- Spatial audio support, including Dolby Atmos®, for true 3D audio
- Enhanced texture resolution for Lara Croft®, NPCs, and environments, leveraging additional memory offered by the Xbox One X
- Improved anti-aliasing for immersive realistic details
- Improved volumetric lights
- Improved reflections
- Enhanced foliage
- Upgraded polygonal detail
- Amplified texture filtering
Judging by the teaser trailer for the enhancements, Rise of the Tomb Raider is shaping up to look pretty stunning on the new hardware. If you already own the game, you can look forward to the update enabling these perks to be available in time for the Xbox One X's expected release on November 7. As for the Xbox One X itself, the console recently went up for preorder for $499.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.