Psyonix announced Rocket League Rumble, an upcoming free multiplayer mode for its jet-powered PC, Xbox One and PS4 arcade sports hybrid. The mode will add lots of wild and crazy power-ups for Rocket League's cars, injecting some welcome variety into the mix.
Rocket League Rumble will be added to the game's online playlists, and can also be available in Private and Exhibitiion matches. Here's the list of the imaginative power-ups that will be available in the mode:
- The Boot (Kick's an opponent's car)
- Disruptor (Forces the opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and cars into a giant funnel cloud)
Psyonix says Rocket League Rumble will be one of many planned updates for the game that will be released sometime in September.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Update 6: Microsoft wants all of TikTok, but Trump's order may interfere
The Financial Times reports that as part of negotiations, Microsoft is now inquiring whether it can buy all of TikTok, instead of just the business in the US., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. This new plan would include India and Europe (and excluding China).
Apple responds to Project xCloud iOS block, Microsoft kicks back
With Microsoft's Project xCloud streaming platform locked out from iOS devices, Apple doubles down on App Store restrictions.
Got a Surface Pro and need a dock? Read this.
If your Surface Pro is your main PC, you can use a docking station to turn it into a powerful workstation. Here's our recommendation for the best dock.
These 5 cheap external drives pair perfectly with Xbox One
These external hard drives upgrade your Xbox One storage without breaking the bank.