Well this should be fun.
Looks like software developers Magmic, who have Rubik's cube officially licensed, are bringing the app over to Windows Phone 7. Magmic makes a bunch of Windows Mobile games, including Peggle, NY Times Crossword, Worms, etc.
The game has recently been released on the iPhone/iPad and even features 3D puzzle solving.
The Windows Phone 7 version will evidently feature the following:
- Four different sizes of cubes
- “Free play” or the more challenging “Timed mode”
- A timer to keep track of your best solution times
- Variations like “CRAZY cube” and “Picture cube”
- A solution guide to help you learn how to solve the puzzle
- Anaglyphic 3-D mode (3-D glasses not included)
Sounds good to us. No word on release date. You can check out the iPhone video demo after the jump to get a rough idea of what to expect.
[via Global Nerdy]
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft since 2007 when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, laptops, next-gen computing, and for some reason, watches. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics, watched people sleep (for medical purposes!), and ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun.