A few weeks ago we discovered apps for Scribd just hanging out in the Windows Phone Store and Windows Store. Turns out that was a soft launch and the company was just getting warmed up. Today these two Universal Windows apps are officially being launched. Read on to get promo code to try out Scribd for three months without spending a dime.
Scribd (www.scribd.com) is a digital library that was founded in 2007. A Netflix-like subscription gets you access to over 400,000 books from over 900 publishers. You can get an online library with no due dates or late fees. A killer service for any bookworm.
However, like most subscription services, you might find some books that are only available to read after purchasing. That's because Scribd works out details with authors and publishers for all books.
The service itself looks really solid and the apps for Windows Phone and Windows 8 look good too. Here are the features you can look forward to in the apps:
- Instant access to 400,000+ books from 900+ publishers in every genre
- Discover new favorites with our editorial collections and personalized recommendations
- Millions of user-contributed documents and written works
- No limits: read as much as you want service is available worldwide
- Works across your iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows device, or browser books are synced automatically
- Pin your favorite book to the side screen for easy access
To celebrate the launch, Scribd has given us a promo code to share with you. Use 'windows90' as a promo code to get a free, three-month trial to the Scribd service. You can also just click the link to get quick access with the promo code already entered:
We're going to play around with the service since we love to read. In the meantime, sound off below with some good book recommendations and your thoughts on the app so far.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.