Free-to-play Xbox One MOBA Smite has picked up a new patch that brings a bunch of cool content to the table. In this patch, Smite players will get access to a new god, skins, voice packs, and emotes, along with a wide range of bug fixes. The entire changelog is too massive to break down here, but here are some of the highlights:
Additional Spectating options - Player can now password protect their custom matches to limit who can spectate. - Match IDs have been added to the end of match lobby. - Players can access recorded matches by entering the Match ID from the spectator options menu.
New User Flow
- A new training map will help guide and reward players for learning about Joust and Arena game modes.
- Arena tutorial has been added to help teach players the basic rules of the gameplay mode, and to ease them into active gameplay.
- Players are rewarded bonus XP and favor for completing each training map.
- Global emotes now work
- Warding the fire giant now plays the correct audio file
- Fixed rich presence and achievement descriptions for supported languages
- Fixed a crash involving Sylvanus
- Fixed end of match lobby worshipper count
New God: Xing Tian
- Smoldering Rage: Xing Tian gains stacks of Smouldering Rage each time he hits an enemy with an ability. For each stack of rage Xing Tian has, he gains HP5. Stacks last 18s
- Furious Roar: Xing Tian shouts from his chest with great force, damaging enemies and reducing their Basic Attack damage. Enemies also take damage over time based on their maximum health.
- Hook Slam: Xing Tian first launches an attack with his axe, knocking the opponents into the air before slamming them into the ground and rooting them.
- Sky-Cutting Axe: Xing Tian leaps forward, dealing damage to enemies when he lands, and he may leap again within 2s. While in the air, Xing Tian has increased protections, which are refreshed if he connects with a target. Using another ability during this time cancels the additional leap.
- Whirlwind of Steel and Rage: Xing Tian hits enemies with his axe, hooking them and spinning them on it up to three times in succession, before throwing them. Spinning enemies on his axe does double the damage of the hook, plus an additional 40% per revolution.
In addition, there are a ton of new skins for gods like Ragnarok, Odin, and Zeus, along with new voice packs and more. If you're an avid Smite player and want to check out all of the changes, be sure to check out the source link below.
Microsoft brings Android OS development for Surface Duo in-house
Microsoft is forming a team internally under the Microsoft Devices division that will handle the development of Android for Surface Duo going forward. Up until now, Microsoft had contracted the OS work out to third-party vendors such as Movial, who had the expertise required to bring Android to life on Surface Duo. Now, Microsoft is bringing that work in-house.
Everything we know about Resident Evil Village (so far)
Capcom's next survival-horror title may be Resident Evil 8. Related rumors indicate a first-person setting, some returning characters and more.
Office.com is getting a pretty snazzy new look
Microsoft has started rolling out a new look for its Office web portal for commercial customers. Presumably, the new look will head out to regular Microsoft 365 subscribers at some point, but Microsoft hasn't formally announced the redesign yet.
Fix up your Xbox Elite Controller with these parts
Need some replacement parts for your Xbox One Elite Controller? From new paddles, grips, bumpers, thumbsticks, and more, we have you covered.