Free-to-play Xbox One MOBA Smite has picked up another rather large patch that brings a ton of stuff to look forward to. In the latest patch, Smite players will, as usual, get access to some new gods skins and voice packs, along with a new god and much more. The changelog is absolutely massive, so here are some of the highlights of the systems changes and additions coming in this patch:
- Refer a friend is now available on the Xbox One.
- Earn bonus favor, boosters, and gems when you refer friends and play with them while in a party.
- Refer friends and play with them to receive the Triumph and Agni exclusive skin.
- Refer several friends and unlock the Sockpuppetyr skin when they reach player level 15.
- Redesigned main menu and news panel.
- The main menu has been updated to be a tile based grid.
- Scrolling feature panel will keep players informed of the newest content.
- News section has been added. Go here to view patch notes and for other important updates.
- Improved performance
- Further refinements and optimization techniques have been implemented to mitigate dips in frame rate.
- There is ongoing to support to efficiently optimize performance for each god.
- Game HUD additions
- Players will now be able to view the mana cost of their abilities on the main game HUD.
- The mana bar will now display the potential usage amount of an ability while the targeted is out.
- The health and mana bars contain HP5 and MP5 values.
- Unusable VGS items will appear grey in the menus.
- New Xbox Achievements
- Earn achievements for winning each match type.
- God specific achievements added for Guan Yu, Neith, Ymir, Thor, and Ra.
- Muting players will also mute their VGS commands.
- Pick and choose your global emote on the profile page.
- Modified Ratatoskr camera angle so he can look down for his ultimate
- Acquisitions and awards notifications are now displayed in the End of Match Lobby
- Warning message provided if user attempts to surrender prior to 10 minutes have passed (no one should be trying this…..)
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed issues in which players were unable to use the in game chat (voice).
- Known Issues
- We have temporarily turned off the spectating mode to address technical issues.
In addition to all of the above, there's a new god to look forward to in Sol. As you could guess, this god is based around fiery solar powers like Stellar Burst and Supernova. There are also a ton of new skins, emotes, and voice packs, all of which you can check out in the full patch notes at the link below.
Here's everything we know (so far) about Star Wars: Squadrons
Star Wars: Squadrons is a dog-fighting game developed by EA Motive. Players join the New Republic or the remnants of the Empire and engage in vicious space battles. Here's what we know so far.
Review: Elgato's Wave 3 is a great first attempt at a condenser mic
The Elgato Wave 3 is one of two new microphones from Elgato, which aims to give streamers an affordable high-quality all-in-one condenser mic with impressive studio features on the side. Is it worth the asking price, though? Let's take a look (and listen.)
Review: F1 2020 is a polished racer for long-time fans and newcomers alike
In a turn of events in this crazy year we're having, the real-life F1 championship is making its debut in the same week as the official game. It's been months of nothing for fans of the sport and as we hit July it's time for all the racing action you can handle. F1 2020 is pretty damn good, but you knew that already. Here's what's cooking in this year's title.
Fix up your Xbox Elite Controller with these parts
Need some replacement parts for your Xbox One Elite Controller? From new paddles, grips, bumpers, thumbsticks, and more, we have you covered.