Smite for Xbox One snags new god, refer a friend system, and much more
Free-to-play Xbox One MOBA Smite has picked up another rather large patch that brings a ton of stuff to look forward to. In the latest patch, Smite players will, as usual, get access to some new gods skins and voice packs, along with a new god and much more. The changelog is absolutely massive, so here are some of the highlights of the systems changes and additions coming in this patch:
- Refer a friend is now available on the Xbox One.
- Earn bonus favor, boosters, and gems when you refer friends and play with them while in a party.
- Refer friends and play with them to receive the Triumph and Agni exclusive skin.
- Refer several friends and unlock the Sockpuppetyr skin when they reach player level 15.
- Redesigned main menu and news panel.
- The main menu has been updated to be a tile based grid.
- Scrolling feature panel will keep players informed of the newest content.
- News section has been added. Go here to view patch notes and for other important updates.
- Improved performance
- Further refinements and optimization techniques have been implemented to mitigate dips in frame rate.
- There is ongoing to support to efficiently optimize performance for each god.
- Game HUD additions
- Players will now be able to view the mana cost of their abilities on the main game HUD.
- The mana bar will now display the potential usage amount of an ability while the targeted is out.
- The health and mana bars contain HP5 and MP5 values.
- Unusable VGS items will appear grey in the menus.
- New Xbox Achievements
- Earn achievements for winning each match type.
- God specific achievements added for Guan Yu, Neith, Ymir, Thor, and Ra.
- Muting players will also mute their VGS commands.
- Pick and choose your global emote on the profile page.
- Modified Ratatoskr camera angle so he can look down for his ultimate
- Acquisitions and awards notifications are now displayed in the End of Match Lobby
- Warning message provided if user attempts to surrender prior to 10 minutes have passed (no one should be trying this…..)
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed issues in which players were unable to use the in game chat (voice).
- Known Issues
- We have temporarily turned off the spectating mode to address technical issues.
In addition to all of the above, there's a new god to look forward to in Sol. As you could guess, this god is based around fiery solar powers like Stellar Burst and Supernova. There are also a ton of new skins, emotes, and voice packs, all of which you can check out in the full patch notes at the link below.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the former Editor-in-Chief of Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl.
I am not playing this game. Not even with my crush who recommended me this game.
Idk . The third person stuff just back me off.
Sol=try hard Magic Dmg or AS God that needs a need now instead of later. She's broken. The zoning is too stronk. But she's basic attack focused so all the Bellona players are happy :] Posted via the Windows Central App for Android